Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitment issue with Tele Pearly Gates

Hi all,
    I am in the middle of a build with Tele CS Pearly Gates Bridge, and cannot get it thru the bridge opening.
    Anybody have the best way to tackle this without hacking away at the bridge and/or ruining the pickup?

Thank you for your thoughts,
    Mike

Re: Fitment issue with Tele Pearly Gates

Did you buy a pickup with model code of SH-PG1b or a TB-PG1b? The TB version is a physically larger pickup than most humbuckers.

Comment

Well you really only have three options: 1. File down the edges of the bobbins, 2. File the opening on the bridge, 3. Buy a new bridge. I do remember having a similar issue with a Lil 59 telecaster pickup, but was able to finagle it in. It was really tight though.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Teleplayer View Post
        Did you buy a pickup with model code of SH-PG1b or a TB-PG1b? The TB version is a physically larger pickup than most humbuckers.
        I think he's talking about the Custom Shop Tele PG that's standard Tele sized. No trembucker option.

Comment

I've noticed this couple times when installing humbucker sized single coils, as those are bit larger in size compared to typical strat single coil and might need pickguard/bridge custlmization.

What kind of guitar and bridge you have?

Comment

i havent had this issue with american sized hardware but i have with overseas stuff. the difference is small, but just enough that the pup doesnt fit through the hole in the bridge without a little modification. ive always opened up the bridge a bit and left the pup alone

Comment

had a similar issue with the old lil screamin demon housing in a warmoth strat pickguard.
              up to date ones: no problem.

the tele lil bridges are still made like the old strat lil buckers (tape around thecoils instead of full hard cover)
              no issues with tele lil bucker with my gotoh modern tele bridge, though.
              the opening is a little bigger on the modern gotoh bridge plate i think.

Comment

Working...
              X