banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Mini Humbuckers offered in Trembucker (F) spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Mini Humbuckers offered in Trembucker (F) spacing?

Anyone know if the Antiquity (and other model) Mini Humbuckers are offered in the wider Trembucker (F Spacing)?
    I didn’t see the option available. Is the Trembucker spacing option only found on the custom options page?
    Thanx

Re: Are Mini Humbuckers offered in Trembucker (F) spacing?

i dont think ive ever seen a trem spaced mini

Comment

Originally posted by xxtwighlight View Post
      Anyone know if the Antiquity (and other model) Mini Humbuckers are offered in the wider Trembucker (F Spacing)?
      I didn’t see the option available. Is the Trembucker spacing option only found on the custom options page?
      Thanx
      What you're asking about is for a product that doesn't exist. Never have, never will, if you ask me.

/Peter
      Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
      Kolding, Denmark

Comment

As an interesting thing, I've never seen a minihumbucker guitar with a trem that has an issue with strings not being 'heard' as well. Is this an issue you are having?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Pete Townsend has been using minihums in his strats as of late. I don't know which ones specifically.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          -Greg

Guitars:
          2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
          2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
          2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
          Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
            Pete Townsend has been using minihums in his strats as of late. I don't know which ones specifically.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            He used them in LP Deluxes for years, right?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
              What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

I've never seen a mini in other than the regular spacing.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Firebird pickups have the magnets in the coil, so no issues on string spacing there, as long as the pickup is wide enough for adequate coverage of the 1st & 6th strings.

Same for the minis with blade polepieces (IIRC, Seymour Duncan makes a few).

String spacing options would be nice for Les Paul Deluxe-style mini-humbuckers with the 6 screw poles, but it'd take a lot of superstrat users suddenly want them to interest a manufacturer in dealing with the overhead of new tooling, parts and SKUs.

Comment

I had an Antiquity Mini Humbucker in the neck position on my Telecaster years ago. After repairing/modding this and that, it ended up an unfinished project and sat around for years.
                    I recently got the Tele up and running again and had about 3 Tele bridge pickups laying around to decide from. They all just sounded too harsh. I also didn’t want to deal with single coil buzz/hum anymore. I tried Fralin Split Coil and Twangbucker models for noise free single coil options, but still too harsh. I decided to try the Antiquity Mini Hum (neck) in the bridge position of the Tele, and it sounded much closer to what I was looking for. It was single coil-like but warmer, fuller, less shrill, and humbucking(no buzz/hum). The classic quote “single coil on steroids” would be a good description.
                    I play through a Kemper profiler and QSC K8.2 monitor, so the whole FRFR (tweeter) thing may contribute a bit to my lack of tolerance for brighter single coil Tele bridges. I dunno.
                    So the neck position mini hum sounds great in the bridge position of my Tele, but the two E’s are slightly off mark on the pole piece. The high E being more off than the Low E. There is a slight loss in volume and tonal focus. This is why I’m asking about an “F spaced” Mini Humbucker. I thought it was just an available option or custom shop request, but I guess not.

Can anyone recommend another bridge pickup similar to this current config of a Mini Humbucker(Neck position/Antiquity) in bridge position. Unusual request, I know. Lol.
                    Even though it’s a Tele, It’s routed for any style pickup (hum/single-coil/P-90,mini hum/etc.)

Tonal keywords would be: warm, less shrill, somewhat balanced EQ (no excessive bass/highs), noiseless, “F” spacing.
                    Thanx for any help!

Comment

i don't know a lot about mini hums, but aren't modern Gibson Bridge pickups wider spaced?

for tones in between a single coil and a PAF humbucker:
                      As already mentioned: Firebird pickups.
                      Maybe Filtertrons (TV-Jones Classic bridge has a wider spacing than the neck), Magnetrons, ...

Comment

Have you considered a P-90?
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                        X