SD Ant II FireBirds on 4 way switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Ant II FireBirds on 4 way switch

Anyone ever done it ? Just curious what it would sound like in series wired on a Fender type 4 way switch.. Working on a new build. How to mod the neck pickup wiring to get the other ground wire? I installed the pickups on another guitar earlier but really didn't pay attention to the details of how the wires come off the pickup other than it has braided ground sheath over hot wire.
    I just know on a Fender you need 2 grounds coming off the neck, the normal ground wire and an additional ground from the cover so I am assuming I need a ground wire off the FB's cover..
    Any thoughts?

Re: SD Ant II FireBirds on 4 way switch

i betcha it would sound cool but youd have to open up one of the pups to separate the grounds as you mention, get the cover and baseplate off the coil finish wire. i run an ant II fb neck pup in a tele with a 4 way and its great

Comment

Re: SD Ant II FireBirds on 4 way switch

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      i betcha it would sound cool but youd have to open up one of the pups to separate the grounds as you mention, get the cover and baseplate off the coil finish wire. i run an ant II fb neck pup in a tele with a 4 way and its great
      So looks like it would require invasive pickup surgery..lol
      I just figure another tone option ain't a bad thing..
      Thanks for your input..

Comment

Working...
      X