Catlinbread 5F6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catlinbread 5F6

Just picked one up, nice punchy amp-like overdrive, easy to dial in, this is a keeper on my board!

Re: Catlinbread 5F6

I liked the videos, but never tried one. They were on my radar for a long time.

Comment

catalinbread makes some damn good stuff. not sure whats going on with the company since nick died but the pedals are solid stuff

Comment

I've owned two Catalinbread AiaBs. One I love. One I HATED and sold immediately (after first loaning it to a buddy to make sure I wasn't crazy.

What they have in common is that they both have a strong flavor. To the point that no matter what signal I fed them, they came out sounding like THAT PEDAL on the other side.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
          Just picked one up, nice punchy amp-like overdrive, easy to dial in, this is a keeper on my board!
          It's great indeed. Wouldn't call it really punchy (after all, it's based on bassman!), but that's exactly what it is for.

Usually use it on low settings to add American flavor to my tone. It does make a great liquid distortion when fed into really dirty amp.
          Last edited by Jacew; 03-01-2020, 10:57 PM.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
            It's great indeed. Wouldn't call it really punchy (after all, it's based on bassman!), but that's exactly what it is for.

Usually use it on low settings to add American flavor to my tone. It does make a great liquid distortion when fed into really dirty amp.
            Through a clean AC30, it definitely was punchy, I like the OD tone, if that makes any sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
              Through a clean AC30, it definitely was punchy, I like the OD tone, if that makes any sense...
              Well it's subjective and we may have different definition of the word. I wouldn't call any Bassman type tone as "punchy" as it's too loose and bass heavy sound. But of course AC30's own tonality may change it quite a bit.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                Well it's subjective and we may have different definition of the word. I wouldn't call any Bassman type tone as "punchy" as it's too loose and bass heavy sound. But of course AC30's own tonality may change it quite a bit.
                Looking forward to testing this on my other amps, but really liking what I'm hearing so far!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  I've owned two Catalinbread AiaBs. One I love. One I HATED and sold immediately (after first loaning it to a buddy to make sure I wasn't crazy.

What they have in common is that they both have a strong flavor. To the point that no matter what signal I fed them, they came out sounding like THAT PEDAL on the other side.
                  what was the one you didnt like?

Comment

The Galileo.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    what was the one you didnt like?
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

havent tried that one but not sure the treble booster into ac30 in a pedal is something id care for either

Comment

It was very over-the-top. Like a parody of the thing it purported to be.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        havent tried that one but not sure the treble booster into ac30 in a pedal is something id care for either

Comment

Working...
                        X