banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wire SD Parallel Axis Stack in middle of tele single coils corectly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire SD Parallel Axis Stack in middle of tele single coils corectly?

I am building my own Nashville style telecaster (Nashville meaning a tele with a middle pickup). This is definitely my first rodeo in many different ways, so please bare with my ignorance.

I have a set of typical Fender Custom Shop “Twisted Tele” single coil pickups that I plan to mount in the bridge and neck, and I have this oh so nice looking SD Parallel Axis Stack that (I am so excited to use) I plan to use in the middle position....

So my question is, and sadly I need it in fairly layman’s terms, how am I supposed to wire these 3 pickups together correctly!

Note that because this is a Nashville tele I only have 1 tone pot and of course 1 volume pot. Also I am not too picky about what the 5 way switch has for options as long as I have the bridge by itself in first position, neck in last, and I guess if I could choose, I would be interested in hearing the axis stack by itself in middle, but if that’s not possible, no worries.

Thanks y’all

Re: How to wire SD Parallel Axis Stack in middle of tele single coils corectly?

Regular 5 way switches do just that......wired up like you see with a strat.

There should be a diagram with the pickup about wire colours, but note that with 2 fender pickups you will have to (most likely) swap the hot and ground to make it play nicely when selected together.

Comment

Re: How to wire SD Parallel Axis Stack in middle of tele single coils corectly?

What Alex said, with one exception. Since the Fender neck will probably have the cover grounded, it might be easier to reverse black and green on the Parallel Axis to bring them into phase.

Edit: That might be what he meant.

Comment

Working...
      X