Speaker to pair with an Emi Tonker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker to pair with an Emi Tonker

I have a “duel mono” 412 with the left and right speakers on their own inputs, like two 212s in the same housing. I’ve got two 16ohm Emi Private Jacks in the left for 8ohms on the L input, and I really want two 16ohm Emi Tonkers on the right for another 8ohm 212 on the right. I really want the left and right inputs to both be 8ohms so I can use the duel outputs on my heads to go to both sides at once.

Here’s the problem - 16ohm Tonkers are no longer available, but a shop here in the UK still has ONE in stock. So instead of choosing a different 16ohm model or using two 8ohm Tonkers, I’m wondering if there’s a speaker that would mix subtly with one Tonker to maintain the 8ohm load. Many thanks, I know this isn’t a straight forward one!

Re: Speaker to pair with an Emi Tonker

This is an interesting thread.

I tried a number of different speakers with my Marshall Studio 15 over the weekend, looking for a tone that was fatter and less nasally than the GB and GB-inspired speakers I've tried so far. Tonally, the amp is a bit of an odd one -- it's stiff sounding and a bit harsh, and most speakers I've...

Could try a used one too. Not sure how much shipping would be...

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Tonkerlite?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Tonkerlite?
        That's what I was going to say! I had a Tonker and a Tonkerlite in a 2x12. They sound similar but not quite the same. It was interesting. I actually liked the Tonkerlite better than the Tonker but that's very rig and style dependent.

Comment

Are not the Tonkers based on the G12-65 voicing? Other based on that voicing are the WGS ET65 and ET90 as well as, well, the G12-65. Maybe the Tonkers are significantly more efficient though.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. The Tonkerlite is a great suggestion! Not sure why that didn't occur to me as a viable option.
            Are not the Tonkers based on the G12-65
            The Tonkers are based on old Fanes I believe.
            PFDarkside I've just been messaging that guy on Reverb and he seems to be willing to post it to me so I bought the last new in the UK to combine with his one. It's looking good but if the one on Reverb doesn't work out I'd settle for a Tonkerlite!

Comment

Working...
            X