Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stack plus split help?

Hey everyone,

I just installed two stk-s7’s and a Jb Jr in my Strat. I tried wiring it with a 5 way super switch to auto split in position 2 but it doesn’t seem to hum cancel when wiring it the way the schematic on Seymour Duncan’s website shows. While experimenting, I found if I auto-split the JB Jr and “auto-send” the STK-S7 red wire to hot/output (as well as white) all hum seems to stop. Will this work? Or am I causing a phase issue, or using the wrong bottom coil or something? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Stack plus split help?

welcome to the forum!

the two stk-s7 wont cancel hum together if you split them since they arent rw/rp. if you are just trying to auto split the jbjr and middle stk-s7 in the notch position, you should be able to make that noise cancelling. sending the red to hot shouldnt do anything bad? does it sound ok as well as cutting the hum? do you have a multi meter to see what you are getting at the jack?

Comment

Thanks Jeremy. Yeah I didn’t plan on splitting position 4 with the two stk-s7’s. However, from what I understood, splitting the JB Jr in position 2 along with splitting the middle stk-s7 should hum cancel but it doesn’t seem to at all. So while experimenting I found that sending the red wire (bottom coil?) of the stack to output on position did hum cancel. I do indeed have a multimeter. Could you tell me what to check and what to expect? Also, FYI I haven’t tested to see how it sounds yet as I kept it disassembled while I troubleshoot. Thanks again

Comment

Well, looking at the DC resistance position 1 shows about 14 to 15k. Positions 3 & 5 both show about 10 to 11k. Position 4 shows about 5.5k and position 2 split shows 4.5k, when I send the red wire to output it is about half of that (about 2.5k). So I am assuming this is wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X