banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Player Strat HSS pot config. HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Player Strat HSS pot config. HELP?

Ok I have researched alot of posts on this but don't feel clarified on what is a best option here. My Seymour Duncan JB trembucker sounds a lil muddy on bottom notes and the highs sound like the tone knob is not fully up. Dark sounding. The pots are 250k of course. This is going through a tube amp. Should I be using a 500k pot for trembucker? Can someone prescribe a wiring diagram that would be best for this? Not familiar with stack pots but understand what they do.
    Open to any ideas here and thank you ahead.
    David

P.s. my pickups are setup to correct hight.

Re: Fender Player Strat HSS pot config. HELP?

Welcome to the Forum!

I use 500k for volume, 250k for the single coils' tone, and 500k for the humbucker tone in my HSS.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the Forum!

I use 500k for volume, 250k for the single coils' tone, and 500k for the humbucker tone in my HSS.
      Thank you for the greeting. ; )
      Do you know of a good diagram for connecting these together?

Comment

Here you go. Just fill out the options for your specific guitar and it will give you possible wiring diagrams. I was intending on putting HSS in mine over the weekend but the pickguard I bought didn't fit so I just installed the 500k pots, 5 way, and new jack.

Just a word of advice. When you're done and getting ready to test it afterwards, make sure your cord is plugged all the way into the amp. It'll save you a lot of grief and aggravation. Don't ask me how I know lmao

The world's largest selection of free guitar wiring diagrams. Humbucker, Strat, Tele, Bass and more!
        Last edited by Wound_Up; 03-03-2020, 06:43 PM.
        JC
        -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
        -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
        -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
        -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
        -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
        -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

[QUOTE=Wound_Up;4400288]Here you go. Just fill out the options for your specific guitar and it will give you possible wiring diagrams. I was intending on putting HSS in mine over the weekend but the pickguard I bought didn't fit so I just installed the 500k pots, 5 way, and new jack.

Just a word of advice. When you're done and getting ready to test it afterwards, make sure your cord is plugged all the way into the amp. It'll save you a lot of grief and aggravation. Don't ask me how I know lmao

https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams[/QUOTE

Thank you fine sir. Oh yeah been there with the jack. LOL.
          What do you think of this one? The resistor is suppose to trick the circuit into seeing the 500k when on the bridge and 250 when on the singles.

Comment

^ Yes, using resistors to darken the single coils works well. You don't need a super switch to do it either. You can just stick a resistor between the pickup's hot wire and a ground.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 03-03-2020, 08:02 PM.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

I actually never used the resistor trick, and the singles sound great to me. Try it by itself if you don't have any resistors on hand.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X