Just bought my first pedal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first pedal!

Just picked up a distortion pedal from someone earlier for not much of anything. It's the Danelectro D1 Fab distortion pedal. For the price I paid, I imagine it can't be much but is it worth using? Anyone got any experience with one? Thanks!
    JC
    -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
    -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
    -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
    -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
    -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
    -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Re: Just bought my first pedal!

Never played one, but here you go.

Comment

Funny, I immediately thought of linking Josh’s Dano vid too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In before someone posts "well at least it's not a metal zone!"

$ don't mean everything, especially with distortion/fuzz/overdrive.

Is this pedal a ds1 clone?

Comment

Thanks! Seems like it may be the perfect companion for my Silvertone being that they made Silvertone back in the day lol. It's not a vintage Silvertone, though. Just a modern, inexpensive import, much like the Danelectro pedal.
          Last edited by Wound_Up; 03-04-2020, 06:36 AM.
          JC
          -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
          -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
          -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
          -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
          -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
          -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

If you can make a sound with it that you think is awesome, it's a great pedal. Price, brand, and design have nothing to do with it. Experiment until you find something you like or useful to do with it. If you can, you win!

Note - that useful thing may not be what you think it should be. Example - Chorus as a stereo splitter or just as a tight delay. Flanger as a chorus, Distortion as a boost/OD unit. We can go on...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

My first pedal was a Dano too! I forget the name, but it was part of their late 90s line, pale yellow/beige and was some sort of very low gain overdrive.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I had the FAB metal - great pedals for the price

Comment

FWIW, it's sister the Fab Overdrive is a great sounding pedal. I haven't tried the Distortion, but it's definitely worth checking out. Looking at the schematic, it has a hard clipping diode arrangement, like most distortion pedals, but it's not a stock DS-1 clone, looks interesting.

Comment

OP, any thing that inspires you to play more or be creative sounds good, and also -it is not expensive to make a great overdrive or distortion -cheap ones can do brilliant things.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      If you can make a sound with it that you think is awesome, it's a great pedal. Price, brand, and design have nothing to do with it. Experiment until you find something you like or useful to do with it. If you can, you win!

Note - that useful thing may not be what you think it should be. Example - Chorus as a stereo splitter or just as a tight delay. Flanger as a chorus, Distortion as a boost/OD unit. We can go on...
                      +1

For example, metal zones make great doorstops or paperweights. :P
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                        My first pedal was a Dano too! I forget the name, but it was part of their late 90s line, pale yellow/beige and was some sort of very low gain overdrive.
                        daddy-o overdrive probably?

Comment

Yep, that was it. Much like OP, I bought it because it was cheap. I was young and dumb (as opposed to being old and dumb now) and didn't really understand that running a guitar into that pedal in front of my solid-state bass amp wasn't actually going to give me the ripping lead tones I imagined.

It was probably a perfectly serviceable pedal, when used as designed.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          daddy-o overdrive probably?
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

i had one as well and surprise surprise... i got it cause it was cheap i did have a decent guitar amp, cant recall what, at the time but it was still kinda fizzy and not great. the housing was beefy though! good for throwing at the drummer when he messed up

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              +1

For example, metal zones make great doorstops or paperweights. :P
                              Ha.. shots fired (Demanic twitched when you posted)

..or an entire stereo pedalboard of Strymon pedals can get you a date with the Mega Church Preachers daughter
                              Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-04-2020, 06:22 PM.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X