Danelectro Daddy-o 18V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro Daddy-o 18V?

Hi everyone. I've recently been gifted a Daddy-o and I'm wondering if I can safely operate it at 12 or even 18 volts without damaging it? I'd like to get a bit more headroom and low end oomph before resorting to mods. Please let me know if you have any experience with this. Cheers.

Re: Danelectro Daddy-o 18V?

Those are based on the original Marshall Guv'nor pedals, but sorry, can't tell you if it's safe to raise the voltage. That depends on what the components (mostly capacitors) are rated at.

Comment

I wouldn't count on running it at 18v. The original Cool Cat was 18v and had room for two 9v batteries. They would have done the same if the Daddy-O was designed that way.

Comment

The majority of OD pedals are just fine running on 12 or 18V. Among the exceptions are those which use a charge pump to up their internal operating voltage, such as klones and a few others. Guv'nor-based circuits generally do not use a charge pump.

I can't guarantee 18V is safe for the Daddy-O but I expect when you get an expert answer, the answer will be yes it is.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
        X