Introducing the Polaron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing the Polaron

And it isn't just for guitar...here is a BASS demo!

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The more demos I've seen, the more I like the pseudo talk-box sounds coming out of it...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I think the talk box sounds come from the envelope-generated mode. You control the sweep of the phaser with picking dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I think the talk box sounds come from the envelope-generated mode. You control the sweep of the phaser with picking dynamics.
          I want to use it to play Show Me The Way and Livin' On A Prayer!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
            I want to use it to play Show Me The Way and Livin' On A Prayer!
            Yeah, I wonder if it sweeps enough to do that sort of thing. If it does, than bass players will love it, too.

Comment

I was blown away at how good the talk box-like effect was with this when I tried it, this thing has a lot of cool little tricks up it's sleeve. I need to spend more time really messing with it and seeing fully what all it can do. I definitely think this pedal is going to appeal to a lot of bassists as well, if they'll give it a shot.

Comment

Ran across another demo video for the Polaron. This one is pretty long and they just run through all the settings to show what it can do. My favorite section is from around the 23-minute mark to around the 34-minute mark. I think I would just stay in my basement with this pedal for a whole weekend playing Tool type of riffs messing around with the particular tones he got in that section of the video. Or create an alien language using a guitar and the Polaron.

Today we take a look at the Seymour Duncan Polaron Analog Phaser

Comment

Working...
                X