banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Song about the homeless called Just Like You. Trying out different techniques.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song about the homeless called Just Like You. Trying out different techniques.

I wrote this tonight, got the idea to put a different guitar in each channel.

It's not super tight or anything, but I wrote the riff on the spot and then recorded it in one take... So... Anyhow.
    Dean tyrant bloodstorm with black winters left channel, Gibson V with Alt-8 in right channel.
    Mixed identically.

Lyrics are basically words from signs that homeless folks hold up.
    Again....I'm no singer ha ha ha enjoy and please feel free to help me tweak it.

Last edited by 80's_Metal; 03-10-2020, 10:21 PM.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Song about the homeless called Just Like You. Trying out different techniques.

Just Like You

Could you spare a penny?
    Need help Thank You
    Have anything to give me?
    Have a nice Day
    God Bless You.

I used to be just like you

Anything helps
    Homeless and hungry
    Lost my job
    Help Please
    Tired and Broke
    I'm Starving
    I'm Starving please.

Will work for food
    Just need a hand
    Seeking Human Kindness
    Vet from Viet-Nam

I used to be just like you
    I'm not invisible

Dirty and Broke
    I'm so Hungry
    Too cold to smile
    No place to sleep
    I'm not invisible
    I'm not invisible!
    I'm not invisible!

God bless you.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 03-18-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Re: Song about the homeless called Just Like You. Trying out different techniques.

Comments:

Two guitars left/right: There was a cool moment in the beginning where one guitar was tight/forward dry, and the other followed with an echo or something. Maybe emphasize that. It was really obvious that it was 2 guitars and super cool. Might have been a "not tight" accident that was excellent. Record the one dry and up front, and the other with a delay down a little, but leave a space for the delay to sound sometimes.

Like the tone all around!

Very VERY cool idea. Get a real singer - more growly and less Halford. Maybe two vocalists. Is that what you were going for???? Put that out for charity drive of some sort. Publicize the %^&$% out of it!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks Bob.

I retracked the vocals this morning at about 6am. I bet my neighbors think I'm a crazy person screaming in the garage first thing in the morning ha ha.
        It's a better take for sure.

I've realized that for the next song using different guitars I'll change the settings a bit more to enhance the difference with the sound.

The way I did it this time was to EQ and mic them exactly the same, only using 2 different guitars. Next time I'll make them much more different tonally.

Lots to learn and have fun with.

Quarantined, I'll have some time to play....
        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 03-18-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

The concept of the lyrics is a great idea.
          Last edited by JOLLY; 03-19-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks John Jolly! I miss ya brother!

Comment

Dude - seriously...get a real singer. I'm gonna PM you someone to record a version of this for and put out there!!!!

EPIC idea.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X