Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: adding 5-way selector to H-H PRS? Is this config possible?

Default Re: adding 5-way selector to H-H PRS? Is this config possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ericcomposer72 View Post
    Just wanted to follow up with this post you made. I'm actually going to drop my guitar off to someone to wire it for me on Friday. This diagram will be extremely helpful so that there's no confusion of him knowing what I want. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    One other note- my guitar only has 1 tone knob and 1 volume knob
    Just saw these. Ok, will work on the final version this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Good diagram Shadowfire90, but it isn't what the OP wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
    The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman335 View Post
    I've been slammed here a few times myself for not going with the crowd. I'd rather go in a different direction, and know why, then follow everyone else and not know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Just saw these. Ok, will work on the final version this evening.
    Here ya go. Let me know what you think of the different pickup combinations after you've tried them out for awhile.

Name:  KmBfG8B.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  60.8 KB
    The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware.
    I've been slammed here a few times myself for not going with the crowd. I'd rather go in a different direction, and know why, then follow everyone else and not know why.

Here ya go. Let me know what you think of the different pickup combinations after you've tried them out for awhile.

Name:  KmBfG8B.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  60.8 KB
    I absolutely will! Will try to post some clips, as well, with different config's. Thanks again

I love this configuration, and believe this will be my go to configuration for my guitars. Here are my favorite settings:

https://youtu.be/-SSrvSl3uvI

I also was hoping you could help with another wiring- same thing, but adding a middle single coil. Details to follow!

I love this configuration, and believe this will be my go to configuration for my guitars. Here are my favorite settings:

https://youtu.be/-SSrvSl3uvI

I also was hoping you could help with another wiring- same thing, but adding a middle single coil. Details to follow!
    Eric,

It's great to hear that the wiring scheme worked out without issues and that you ended up really liking some of the pickup combinations.

If it's not too much trouble to do, it would be really helpful if you updated the description of the video to say what positions are being heard when, e.g. "0:05-0:15 = Position 1, 0:16-0:21 = Inner Coils" etc. If that's a hassle, no problem, but maybe you could reply here telling us the positions that you really liked?

I would be glad to help out on your HSS wiring scheme question, but it would be best if you started a new thread for that topic.

Again, glad it worked out, thanks for letting us know how it ended up!

Eric,

It's great to hear that the wiring scheme worked out without issues and that you ended up really liking some of the pickup combinations.

If it's not too much trouble to do, it would be really helpful if you updated the description of the video to say what positions are being heard when, e.g. "0:05-0:15 = Position 1, 0:16-0:21 = Inner Coils" etc. If that's a hassle, no problem, but maybe you could reply here telling us the positions that you really liked?

I would be glad to help out on your HSS wiring scheme question, but it would be best if you started a new thread for that topic.

Again, glad it worked out, thanks for letting us know how it ended up!
    No problem, I just added it to the video description. Note that the activated pickups/coils are highlighted in the image being displayed on the youtube video.

Personally, I really love the inner coils sound for clean. I feel it has the perfect combination of warmth and sparkle; many might find it very lovely with a chorus effect.

I also love the outer coil on the neck pickup alone. It allows for some bell-like harmonics to come out, which I like for bluesy licks.
    Last edited by ericcomposer72; 06-02-2020 at 10:31 PM.

No problem, I just added it to the video description. Note that the activated pickups/coils are highlighted in the image being displayed on the youtube video.

Personally, I really love the inner coil sound for clean. I feel it has the perfect combination of warmth and sparkle; many might find it very lovely with a chorus effect.

I also love the outer coil on the neck pickup alone. It allows for some bell-like harmonics to come out, which I like for bluesy licks.
    Oops! Somehow I missed earlier how you changed the color of the pickup coils during each segment, but I see it now - thanks!