banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding 5-way selector to H-H PRS? Is this config possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: adding 5-way selector to H-H PRS? Is this config possible?

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Eric,

It's great to hear that the wiring scheme worked out without issues and that you ended up really liking some of the pickup combinations.

If it's not too much trouble to do, it would be really helpful if you updated the description of the video to say what positions are being heard when, e.g. "0:05-0:15 = Position 1, 0:16-0:21 = Inner Coils" etc. If that's a hassle, no problem, but maybe you could reply here telling us the positions that you really liked?

I would be glad to help out on your HSS wiring scheme question, but it would be best if you started a new thread for that topic.

Again, glad it worked out, thanks for letting us know how it ended up!
    No problem, I just added it to the video description. Note that the activated pickups/coils are highlighted in the image being displayed on the youtube video.

Personally, I really love the inner coils sound for clean. I feel it has the perfect combination of warmth and sparkle; many might find it very lovely with a chorus effect.

I also love the outer coil on the neck pickup alone. It allows for some bell-like harmonics to come out, which I like for bluesy licks.
    Last edited by ericcomposer72; 06-02-2020, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Re: adding 5-way selector to H-H PRS? Is this config possible?

Originally posted by ericcomposer72 View Post
      No problem, I just added it to the video description. Note that the activated pickups/coils are highlighted in the image being displayed on the youtube video.

Personally, I really love the inner coil sound for clean. I feel it has the perfect combination of warmth and sparkle; many might find it very lovely with a chorus effect.

I also love the outer coil on the neck pickup alone. It allows for some bell-like harmonics to come out, which I like for bluesy licks.
      Oops! Somehow I missed earlier how you changed the color of the pickup coils during each segment, but I see it now - thanks!
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
      X