PATB pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATB pickups

Just re-bought the PATB 1 set online after foolishly selling them in a guitar many moons back.

These used to come with their own rings IIRC.....do they still do so??
    Last edited by AlexR; 03-13-2020, 05:52 PM.

Re: PATB pickups

Dont know about the rings, but the PATB 1 is a killer pup. One of my favorite, rarely used, pickups. Amongst those neglected, great sonding (to me), buckers are the PATB 1, Alternative 8, and in the neck position a Stagmag.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      do they still do so??
      They still do, AFAIK.

/Peter
      Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
      Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Bought a PATB-1 set last year, and they did. The guitar was a direct mount model, though.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I do believe these are sold new with rings.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Guitaraxz View Post
            Dont know about the rings, but the PATB 1 is a killer pup. One of my favorite, rarely used, pickups. Amongst those neglected, great sonding (to me), buckers are the PATB 1, Alternative 8, and in the neck position a Stagmag.
            Yeah......from the time that I had them about, I do remember them being more clear than the typical high/medium output humbucker....but with some real sizzle too. It will be interesting to see how my perception have changed with time, as I'm practically all vintage level output pickups now and used to the feel/drive of that through my rig.

Comment

Mine came with rings. And thanks for reminding me to dust that axe off and play it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                some real sizzle
                Alex, the PA polepiece tech suppresses the actual note transient, giving a more "fluid" or "liquid" waveform. Hence, what's perceived as "sizzle", is to a certain extent mitigated, compared with the traditional Filister Screw/Slug polepiece.

I thought you'd like to know.

/Peter
                Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by Discharged View Post
                  Alex, the PA polepiece tech suppresses the actual note transient, giving a more "fluid" or "liquid" waveform. Hence, what's perceived as "sizzle", is to a certain extent mitigated, compared with the traditional Filister Screw/Slug polepiece.

I thought you'd like to know.

/Peter
                  Spot on, Discharged.

May I add that the PA-STK behaves in the same way?
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I love my PATB-3... Hell of a pickup I would say:

Anyways, love that it stays thick but clear and with some serious presence. I suppose some of those are due to its polepieces...

B
                    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I had a PATB-2 in an old Jackson RR1T that sounded crushing. Just recently picked up another PATB-2 that needs to be put in one of my project guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                        I love my PATB-3... Hell of a pickup I would say:

Anyways, love that it stays thick but clear and with some serious presence. I suppose some of those are due to its polepieces...

B
                        Yeah.....the prescence is there due to the fact that the top end is not harsh or brittle......so you don't feel the need to really crank back the tone control like you do with some pickups. So you get a more natural top-end feel.

Comment

Working...
                        X