No announcement yet.

Coil splitting and out of phase push pull pots, unsure about the results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coil splitting and out of phase push pull pots, unsure about the results

Originally posted by conorsearl View Post
    So, a follow up question...

With my wiring diagram which bridge coil is active when the pickup is split. And since this is a little 59, would there even be much difference between the bridge coils?
    Great point - I forgot to keep in mind in my earlier replies, that the bridge pickup being singlecoil sized, there is negligible difference in which coil is active during splitcoil mode with regards to which one is closer to the bridge of the guitar.

And I do not happen to know which coil is which on that kind of pickup, but you can determine this when in splitcoil mode - tap the screws on each coil with a screwdriver and see which one is louder. The louder one is the active coil.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by freefrog View Post
      ... @Jack_TriPpEr: thx for your detailed answers! :-)

Thanks FreeFrog. Similarly, thanks to you for your insightful input!
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

With the little single coil-sized humbuckers, I've found it makes little difference when splitting to one coil or the other, especially in the bridge position. I think parallel is a better alternate sound with these, anyway.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X