Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid body les paul ....aph1 or aph 2 best ?..or perhaps 59 and jb

hi all
    been looking to swap out my burst buckers 1 and 2 in my 2018 les paul tradtional (solid body).looking at the aph 1 and 2 and and wasnt sure which to go for seems that aph1 for solid and aph 2 chambered anyone have any experience weather solid or chambered makes a real difference ? also thought about a 59 in the neck and a jb in the bridge if anyone has any experience id be grateful for any views cheers

Re: solid body les paul ....aph1 or aph 2 best ?..or perhaps 59 and jb

welcome to the forum!

personally i might go aph1 neck and aph2 bridge. what are you trying to get tonally? the aph and jb are pretty different. what dont you like about the bb1/2 setup?

Comment

Thanks ,im new to this and looking for a warm hard rock sound that can sing bordering metal ?...hence slash like when i listened to the clips on the seymour site thought the 59 and jb sounded warmer jb hotter but not overly both still warm and full (not saying that my hearing is the most trained by along shot ! lol) dont find the bb1 warm enough bit thin ? and the bb2 lacks abit of umph again abit thin .... not the best terminology i know lol keep trying to listen to different setups and think aphs 1 time and then 59/jb another ,i tend to think should stick to the aph 2s but some say the aph2s are better for the chambered les paul as opposed to my solid 18 traditional and then you hear great things about the 59/jb set, so really unsure which way to jump

Comment

The Slash A2Pro set is awesome in a Les Paul. My favorite Duncans for Les Paul. The regular A2Pro set is probably great too, since the Slash is based on them. My opinion here: The Pearly Gates neck is great, but the bridge too bright in comparison. The Whole Lotta Humbckers are kinda A5-magnet-stiff and bland. The 59 Bridge is great, but the neck too boomy/muddy in Les Pauls. The Seth set is great, but I like it better in an all mahogany guitar like an SG. Apart from Duncans, I like the Dimarzio 36th set a lot.

Comment

Another vote for anything 'Slash-based': APH-1 or APH-2. Both are remarkable pickups. The cool thing is that not only are they great in Les Pauls, but pretty much any guitar where you need a warmer, buttery-er sound.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

thx guys think ill go with the aph2 ,s

Comment

Working...
            X