SANTANA SE LOCKING TUNERS & PUPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SANTANA SE LOCKING TUNERS & PUPS

I Posted this reply on the Gear page , thought I would post here ..I have a 2010 Santana SE Orange veneer with trem, the bridge pup is ok 10.72 ohm -middle 4.7 neck 8.2 the neck is too hot for cleans, even lowered all the way down, so gonna install S Duncan jazz= neck & will split it w/ push push tone pot, still trying to decide what to put in bridge, thinking Dimarzio SD,or S/Duncan distortion w/A 8 MAG that I have, any way I purchased this guitar for its 24 1/2 scale due to fret hand injuries, arthritic thumb, the SANt SE balances really great feels good , I installed GFS locking tuners(drop in no drilling) & schaller strap locks, next getting a new graphite nut made, & that is when i'll X the pups , I am glad I purchased this guitar..

EditDelete

Last edited by rammer69; 03-14-2020, 03:30 PM.

Re: SANTANA SE LOCKING TUNERS & PUPS

Nice.

Pics?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
      Nice.

Pics?

i'll try, this is a crappy pic from my phone, not a good camera, the guitar is a brighter orange than the pic..also changed the knobs from orange to peavey speed knobs w/ rubber stripsClick image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0015_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	5818472

Comment

Originally posted by rammer69 View Post
        i'll try, this is a crappy pic from my phone, not a good camera, the guitar is a brighter orange than the pic..also changed the knobs from orange to peavey speed knobs w/ rubber strips[ATTACH=CONFIG]103763[/ATTACH]
        Nice. I had the same guitar.

Comment

I like it
          I always use a JB/JAZZ set in most everything

But if the bridge sounds good, let it ride
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Nice. I had the same guitar.

was yours more of a brighter orange ?

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              I like it
              I always use a JB/JAZZ set in most everything

But if the bridge sounds good, let it ride
              I tried the JB in a few guitars,& also x ed mag to A8, never bonded with it for some reason, love the jazz in the neck, I use the jazz bridge in the neck,( have it in 10 guitars) as far as the bridge( santana designed) its ok , but has sort of a buzzy tone to it , cant really explain it ..

Comment

was yours more of a brighter orange ?
                I believe it might have been. It's been 10 years or more lol.

Comment

I believe it might have been. It's been 10 years or more lol.

ok thanks, I have never been into orange until a few yrs ago , when I got an Agile, same color, btw orange is my daughter's fav color.

Comment

Also have a Santana SE. Have had it just over a year now. Really like it it as it is a shorter scale than most PRS's and it also has a slightly bigger radius. As SG's are my main guitars, I found the Santana a great guitar. It was being closed out to make room for new stock. Wasn't planning on getting the guitar, however, the low price and really comfortable neck turned this guitar into an impulse buy.

After a few months, I wasn't feeling the pickups anymore as they had an almost muffled sound when compared with my other guitars. If I played the SE for a few days, I didn't notice as much. On the days that I went back to back with my other guitars the slightly muffled sound was apparent.

As I have some unemployed pickups, I gave a couple of them a positions. A WLH went into the neck and a 59/Custom went into the bridge spot.

The pickups compliment each other nicely in the guitar and each the character of each pickup is comes thorough. The Duncans were an incredible improvement over the original pickups.
                    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

The Distortion or the JB would be great in the bridge of that fine guitar. Both sound pretty good split, too, so consider that.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
                        Also have a Santana SE. Have had it just over a year now. Really like it it as it is a shorter scale than most PRS's and it also has a slightly bigger radius. As SG's are my main guitars, I found the Santana a great guitar. It was being closed out to make room for new stock. Wasn't planning on getting the guitar, however, the low price and really comfortable neck turned this guitar into an impulse buy.

After a few months, I wasn't feeling the pickups anymore as they had an almost muffled sound when compared with my other guitars. If I played the SE for a few days, I didn't notice as much. On the days that I went back to back with my other guitars the slightly muffled sound was apparent.

As I have some unemployed pickups, I gave a couple of them a positions. A WLH went into the neck and a 59/Custom went into the bridge spot.

The pickups compliment each other nicely in the guitar and each the character of each pickup is comes thorough. The Duncans were an incredible improvement over the original pickups.
                        cool . what is a WLH pup ? & do you have any pics of your santana ? Btw I installed a 59/custom in the bridge of one of my Bc Rich BIch's.. Tia

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          The Distortion or the JB would be great in the bridge of that fine guitar. Both sound pretty good split, too, so consider that.
                          thanks , I am leaning towards the Duncan dist measured at 16.9, I already have the A8 mag in it, & I have never split a bridge pup yet , maybe I will try the split because the dam Santana se only has 1 volume & 1 Tone( I prefer 2 volumes) I only use neck pups for clean rhythm's= jazz split Btw, yrs ago I went crazy buying Duncan distortions, from a former forum dealer , cant remember his name, but my ears changed & I couldn't take a lot of ceramic treble, read on here about the A8 swap & started swapping them all to A8's & I am happy with them, do not have any more ceramic magged pups now..

Comment

cool . what is a WLH pup ? & do you have any pics of your santana ? Btw I installed a 59/custom in the bridge of one of my Bc Rich BIch's.. Tia
                            Whole Lotta Humbucker...read about it here.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Whole Lotta Humbucker...read about it here.
                              thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X