banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started on my Autopsy Tribute..got the first track down :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started on my Autopsy Tribute..got the first track down :)

Yeah..finally worked on Track #1 yesterday & it turned out OK..especially happy with the sound. It's not 100% Autopsy..but it's reasonably close..sick, murky, sludgy etc..

My bandmate/vocalist said it sounds like a more psychedelic Autopsy..with a bit of Necrophagia thrown in..I guess that describes it..

Mooer GE300 for the guitar tones..Behringer BDI21 pedal for the Bass (used a bass cab IR from the Mooer GE300). Drums were Ugritone 'Kvlt II' drums (default kit)

I left out the synth parts I wanted to try, 'cuz there's already way too much going on haha..maybe on the next track..

I will call the solo "jazz"

All in all..not a bad day's work ..It's messy and sloppy & creepy.. (in that order )

Next weekend I'll try and do a song or two more
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-19-2020, 06:23 AM. Reason: V2 remix..adjusted some levels.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Started on my Autopsy Tribute..got the first track down

Well, fvck the weekend....track II is already in the pipeline

Bass playing tonight..and then it's another one done (from my end...)

Updated vid below...

Gotta say I think this one pretty much nails the classic AUTOPSY vibe.. (Acts Of The Unspeakable & maybe a little S.hitfun) Real happy with how things are going so far if I do say so myself

EDIT: Updated the mix..brought up the guitars/brought down the drums a bit & extended the end a little..
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-22-2020, 10:14 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

And all done...with bass

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-21-2020, 01:20 AM. Reason: now with a sweet solo!

Youtube

Comment

Might as well make the most of this damn Corona break..

Track 3 is coming along nicely...just gotta plonk some bass and I'm done

EDIT: Added a couple of "solo's" as well

*Updated video below*
        Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-27-2020, 12:15 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Bass done = Three songs in the bag..

I'm thinking maybe two more to go & then on to the vocals
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-25-2020, 10:28 AM.

Youtube

Comment

And after a late night recording session... track IV is nearly done.

Need to iron a couple of things out tomorrow & play the bass..then it's on to the final track

I guess this is more like their recent/post-comeback stuff...Macabre Eternal maybe...

EDIT: Played the bass

..now just one song to go
            Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-27-2020, 06:02 AM. Reason: Fixed everything up nicely..bass still to come.

Youtube

Comment

Pretty much done with the EP...track V is done! Bang out some bass & it's all over for me

Might do some minor editing here and there..not much...the slop needs to stay

This one strays the furthest from the Autopsy formula I guess..threw in everything but the kitchen sink haha...a bit of Candlemass, Motorhead, Paradise Lost, Annihilator, melodic black..etc..

I think It still manages to fit in with the other tracks though..

Bass yet to come...

EDIT: Updated video below (with bass)
              Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-30-2020, 09:18 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Played the bass..

That's it ....5 tracks.....I'm all done now

Next up is the vocals..but who knows when we'll get around to it with this ****ty lock-down
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-31-2020, 04:18 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Usable intro/outro?

Not too sure....it's kinda tacky....more like a cheesier version of King Diamond than Autopsy..but it might work..let's see what my buddy thinks of it

Just wanted to use my GE300's guitar synth for something...so..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-02-2020, 05:22 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Alt mix/version.... re-did all the panning/widened it, edited the solo a bit at the end & brought up the rhythm guitar that was buried in the first mix. It's stlll really low (want the synth to drive the track) but not completely inaudible like it was before...still not sure which mix I prefer. Still..it's another option & I've got nothing better to do ...so

Sounds even more King Diamond-ish now
                    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-03-2020, 01:54 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Got a working Logo & tracklist...

Band/Project's called "Death Throes" for which a guy my vocalist buddy knows did a simple, no frills old-school logo..

Tentative track-list in order of the songs in this thread ...first to last (will probably change the running order later though..)

1.Sewer Soiree
                      2.MaggotBowl
                      3.Smegmatized
                      4.Lavatory Lust
                      5.Anally Resuscitated
                      6.Fleshglue (Instrumental)

Always nice to get the important stuff out of the way first

Youtube

Comment

I sure dig the first one at the top. I'll try to check out some more in the next few days.
                        Can't help but love those gore-grindy tones!

Comment

Hhaha! Don't I know that!

I was lucky I got a great bunch of those tones going ..experimented & mixed it up a bit from track to track so there's everything from classic Autopsy to Benediction to early Swedish/HM II (Entombed/Carnage) type punishment. Really happy with how that turned out

The (for once) killer bass tones helped too..mostly from from my Behringer BD121..

..but I got confused (heh heh..) on a couple of tracks and plugged my bass into just my GE300 instead of the Behringer & it turned out really nice all the same

Youtube

Comment

Bump for another track...

Nothing much been happening with this project, mostly thanks to lockdowns & other fvck-ups..

Vocals still not done...and our sound guy backed out from mixing/producing 'cuz of his studio still being incomplete (again thanks to Covid). So we're faced with either waiting indefinitely for that to get done or go with someone else (or just do it ourselves)

Anyway I thought I'd do a couple more songs and make it a full-length album instead of an ep..since we're just waiting around.

Good news is the new logo/cover art is done and it's pretty sweet

New track (needs minor edting) and album cover...

Used my new 'Kadence' axe with the same Mooer GE300/drum/bass setings as before.. I think the sound matches up fine with the older tracks..

I will do another track or two for a running length of 30+ mins (8 songs)....then hopefully we can start on the vocals..

Youtube

Comment

Track 8 ..all done. Forgot to add a cab sim to my bass (did'nt switch my Mooer Radar on though I'd hooked it up to my Behringer BD121) so I'll have to do something about that ..maybe run the track out and then back again through the Radar ..have to figure out how to go about that..not in the mood to redo the whole bass track again so...

Tho It actually sounds even closer to the "Mental Funeral" Autopsy sound I was going for this way lol..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X