Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for an Ibanez RG140 Roadstar II HSS 1 vol 1 tone push pull with humbucker on 2 core plus ground.

The wiring looks a mess and there is no output, so I won't to totally re-wire to rule out that side of this.

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Wiring Diagram

Welcome to the forum!

What does the push/pull do?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

What does the push/pull do?
      Originally posted by Lydian1980 View Post
      Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for an Ibanez RG140 Roadstar II HSS 1 vol 1 tone push pull with humbucker on 2 core plus ground.

The wiring looks a mess and there is no output, so I won't to totally re-wire to rule out that side of this.

This Wiki page is saying that the push-pull on the Tone Pot is to split the humbucker. The page also says this guitar has a 5 way switch. So i imagine that coilsplit is for use in Position 1 when the humbucker is the only pickup that is active.

For the earlier RG140, see RG140 (1986–1987). The RG140 is a Roadstar II series solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez in 1988. This RG140 was made in Korea by Peerless. It replaced a previous model with the same name. This RG140 is one of only a small number of RG models with humbucker/single/single pickup configuration. It's also one of only a few RG models produced with a 22-fret neck. The RG140 features a basswood body bolted to a maple Wizard neck with a 22-fret fingerboard w

Lydian1980, i will look around for a diagram for you. I'll draw one up for you if i cannot find one for you. Will get back to you shortly.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Lydian1980 View Post

Can you post some pics of the current wiring? Particularly , ones that show the colors of each wire on each pickup.

This chart says that Ibanez pickups follow this wiring color code scheme:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200317_230055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	5818486
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Lydian1980,

This diagram from the Seymour Ducan Wiring Diagrams webpage would work for your guitar, after we convert the Seymour Duncan wiring color code used in it to the wiring color code of your Ibanez brand pickups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200318_123121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	5818488

So when you can, please reply regarding my earlier post asking for pictures of the wires coming off each pickup in your guitar.

Final note for now: let me know if you are interested in other wiring features that we could add in at this time with what you already have. For example, we could make the humbucker autosplit in Position 2 which frees the push-pull pot up to do other cool things - like making the connection btw Neck and Middle pickups in Position 4 a series connection (instead of default parallel) so that it would sound more like a Neck humbucker. Or we could use the push-pull to add an Out Of Phase sound option. We could also alter what each of the 5 positions yield for pickup combinations. Etc.

Comment

Working...
          X