PSA: Supro amp sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Supro amp sale

I saw this morning that Sweetwater has massively cut the price of the Supro Statesman amps from now until April 1st. The head is now $599, and the combo is $699. 50w all tube, 2 foot switchable channels(that can also be combined), effects loop and spring reverb.
    The head:

The combo:
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Re: PSA: Supro amp sale

Sweet amp but somewhat gimmicky IMO. I wouldn't mind having one but I don't know how much I would play it. Still, that is a killer price for any decent 50 watt tube head.

Comment

ugh... 50w 1x12 2 channel w/reverb is right up my alley but i need another amp like i need this virus though

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        Sweet amp but somewhat gimmicky IMO. I wouldn't mind having one but I don't know how much I would play it. Still, that is a killer price for any decent 50 watt tube head.
        Man, let me tell you where these amp kick complete a**

As a midrange texture for a left right blend on a multi guitar rock album.

They sound amazing countering a Fender or a Mesa on a record.

Great amp
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          ugh... 50w 1x12 2 channel w/reverb is right up my alley but i need another amp like i need this virus though
          My hang up -is 50 pounds -a lot for a 1x12

If they were 35 or 40 pounds where I could put them in a light duty flight case and check onto a plane without an extra weight fee -this amp would fit the bill.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

have you used this amp?

Comment

i have a vox tb35c1 that has got to be at least 50lbs and its only 35w, sucks but i only have to throw it in and out of the car. i gig a few days a week (or was before this crap) but its all weekend warrior drive stuff, if im flying, im borrowing or renting or backline.

edit: just checked 63 mf'ing lbs for a 35w 1x12 single channel amp

Comment

have you used this amp?
                Only in the studio as a second "texture/color" amp and in the store. It blends nicely with Fenders.

You have more color to add on it? interested

Comment

i havent used one, havent even seen this one in the wild. but that seems like a very good deal on a potentially cool amp. i use bf fender reverb amps most of the time so this would be different

Comment

I'm tempted. I really like the sound of this amp, like the way the two channels are set up, like the reverb, like the effects loop . . . but just don't need another big amp.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      I'm tempted. I really like the sound of this amp, like the way the two channels are set up, like the reverb, like the effects loop . . . but just don't need another big amp.
                      These were 1100-1300 bucks on a good day last year.

Quite a deal honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        These were 1100-1300 bucks on a good day last year.

Quite a deal honestly.
                        I know! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't have a 40 watt Traynor sitting on two 12 inch speakers in my basement already.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i know im going to end up doing this...

Comment

i know im going to end up doing this...
                            Me too, this is like found money. Buy it sit on it, and you will get more than your money in a couple of years if you change your mind.

Comment

yep, pulled the trigger this afternoon after doing a bunch of yard work. also took a look around and realized i have way too many amps so whats one more

Comment

Working...
                              X