Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In these trying times ....unprecedented NAD opportunity

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    I just scored locally at a steal of a price, a used Peavey keyboard amp (40 Watts RMS, 10" 2-way speaker, 3 channels + monitor input). It's in super clean condition, i.e. mint, and it's one of the earlier runs that was Made In USA, vs later production runs. I paid just a third of what this amp goes for New.

It looks small but it gets really loud and remains clear sounding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104691[/ATTACH]
    Oops, I reread the original post, and I see now this recent acquisition, while a great deal, doesn't fit the intemded topic of "premier-level" gear. Sorry.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
      For me it'll be the Friedman Pink Taco. It's a lot more amp than I need (probably ever) but it's the by far my favorite of the 20 watts or less kind of amps. I'm in the market for such an amp, but the prices on the PTs aren't palatable right now. 20% less than they go for now? That would be enticing, but I don't see that happening.
      yeah, Friedman is so "in" right now -they probably don't dip as much -but they are producing mass assembly line quantities now -so they gotta move amps eventually to pay the bills like everyone else.

keep your eye out.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'll add Rivera Knucklehead Tre, Engle Fireball, and Mesa Boogie Triple Rec to the list.

Comment

I already picked up a Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve Combo (which in essence was a straight trade for my first gen 5150 Combo) and a Bogner Original Shiva 1x12 Combo. Digging the Rivera but, sadly, the Bogner arrived with a crushed/mangled/bent three prong power cord and a tolex tear and deep thumb sized dent in the top side edge of the cabinet as if it had been whacked hard with a lead pipe so it went back to the seller. I'll keep my eye out for a Bogner or Friedman or other boutique/hand-wired combo of some sorts.
          Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 05-07-2020, 03:38 PM.
          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
          1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
          1988 Kramer Nightswan
          1989 Charvel Sambora
          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
          Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
          Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

bummer about the shiva, with a healthy discount i probably woulda kept it

Comment

I got a decent deal on it but after I messaged about the damages seven minutes after opening the package and got a response from the Seller of "so what...doesn't affect the amp and you got a good deal on it"...he wasn't going to do much for me. Basically took the attitude that "sh*t happens and it was no big deal".

Too bad because it was clean from the pictures in the listing. I'm sure it got damaged in the 3-4 days it sat in the shop while the Seller "waited for packaging boxes to come in" to allow shipping or in the process of his shipping manager packing it for shipping as it was wrapped with heavy/thick styrofoam corners and bubble wrapped - the package was not damaged so it had to happen prior to packaging.

Just kind of a crappy way to do business by either a) not disclosing pre-existing damages or b) just shipping it off anyway to see if I would accept it without disclosing.
              Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 05-08-2020, 02:45 PM.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

yep, very lame.