In these trying times ....unprecedented NAD opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In these trying times ....unprecedented NAD opportunity

Just a reminder, that unfortunately in this hopefully short by trying economic period coming, just as in 2009 and 2001 -there will a glut of prestige amp purchases hitting the market at prices perhaps you may not see again for decades if ever.

What amps outside your normal price would you be looking for knowing that the boutique, vintage, and high performance amps north of 2-3k will likely come down 20 -30% in value.

I'd say any Vintage Plexi, Bassman, Deluxe, GIbson G's, Traynor, maybe Acoustic Amp Bass stuff or 90s boutique stuff like Trainwreck or Matchless is on the RADAR for me personally.

I was already offered a 1960s 335 for about 30% less than what he wanted last June -and he wanted it NOW

Let's here about your watch list of things you normally wouldn't look for -and in order to prevent the same thread multiple times -throw in Guitars and gear dreams too.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-20-2020, 12:17 PM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Re: In these trying times ....unprecedented NAD opportunity

I just blew my load on a 57 Twin reissue. So I got no cash left unless someone else buys my Vibro King.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

i have more than i need, but if a great deal reared its head... i mean... who am i to say no

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i have more than i need, but if a great deal reared its head... i mean... who am i to say no
        This is the right attitude -don't fight the AAS -let it flow through you naturally.

Plus you will be helping someone who formerly made a premature prestige purchase and now in a financial pinch out

Win WIn.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have been working at reconfiguring my rig to be pedalboard based, no traditional amp, into a PA. And i already have a decent PA. So the only thing that may tempt me at this point is a heavily-discounted, premier level modeler like an AXE-FX, or a heavily-discounted, premier level PA like a Bose.

... or a heavily-discounted Gibson Flying V! haha. cause I don't own any Vs and that is one of the few Vs that appeals to me. Look what happened just cuz this thread tempted me to start to entertain the possibilities, haha
          Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 03-20-2020, 10:33 PM.
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I just scored a Budda SuperDrive 30 series 2 (pre peavey) 1x12 combo and matching 2x12 cab a couple of months ago. Picked up my 5150 block letter head from the tech this morning for a service and replacement preamp tube. So, it’s ready to go. Probably not going to be taking advantage of any killer deals anytime soon.

I do have a couple of projects to complete in the guitar realm, but I’m good with amps for the time being...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA191F8B-54EC-473D-94E5-C54003EDD247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	5818504
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Travis; 03-21-2020, 12:30 PM.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
              I just scored a Budda SuperDrive 30 series 2 (pre peavey) 1x12 combo and matching 2x12 cab a couple of months ago. Picked up my 5150 block letter head from the tech this morning for a service and replacement preamp tube. So, it’s ready to go. Probably not going to be taking advantage of any killer deals anytime soon.

I do have a couple of projects to complete in the guitar realm, but I’m good with amps for the time being...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103816[/ATTACH]
              Of all the amps I've used (100s). -I've never used a Budda,

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                Of all the amps I've used (100s). -I've never used a Budda,
                It’s absolutely killer. I got it from a guy I know based solely off of his description and it did not disappoint. Cleans are spectacular and it really nails classic and hard rock tones. The bottom end is a little too spongy for aggressive metal but I have my 5150 if I want to pull off any of that. I boost it with a fulltone fat boost 3 in the front and then run a delay and a little reverb in the loop. It slays..
                Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
                  It’s absolutely killer. I got it from a guy I know based solely off of his description and it did not disappoint. Cleans are spectacular and it really nails classic and hard rock tones. The bottom end is a little too spongy for aggressive metal but I have my 5150 if I want to pull off any of that. I boost it with a fulltone fat boost 3 in the front and then run a delay and a little reverb in the loop. It slays..
                  Cool.... I'm looking a this thing right now.

Vintage Sound 1x12 Tweed Channel and Plexi Channel with a channel blend and massive 30W in a tiny package.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Cool.... I'm looking a this thing right now.

Vintage Sound 1x12 Tweed Channel and Plexi Channel with a channel blend and massive 30W in a tiny package.

Ooh... I like it.

30w is perfect for me. Loud enough to gig with but manageable at home in the basement.

Comment

I just scored locally at a steal of a price, a used Peavey keyboard amp (40 Watts RMS, 10" 2-way speaker, 3 channels + monitor input). It's in super clean condition, i.e. mint, and it's one of the earlier runs that was Made In USA, vs later production runs. I paid just a third of what this amp goes for New.

It looks small but it gets really loud and remains clear sounding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_235822.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	5819022
                      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Realistically, Marshall 20dsl head.
                        Dreaming
                        Bogner Uberschall head
                        Or Randall Diavlo

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          I am in exactly the same boat. I was already tapping out before this when I found the Goldtop, that I couldn't pass up. I can't think of anything I need.

Comment

For me it'll be the Friedman Pink Taco. It's a lot more amp than I need (probably ever) but it's the by far my favorite of the 20 watts or less kind of amps. I'm in the market for such an amp, but the prices on the PTs aren't palatable right now. 20% less than they go for now? That would be enticing, but I don't see that happening.
                            Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Don’t need and can’t use now, but these would be opportunistic purchases if they popped up:

Marshall Super Lead 100
                              Marshall Vintage Modern
                              Fender Bassman (4x10)
                              Fender Deluxe Reverb (original or ‘65 or ‘68 reissues, not too picky)

Comment

Working...
                              X