• Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Know What This Guitar Is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	5853656

Don't know how it uploaded sideways. I bought this Japanese guitar for $50 from a friend that is no longer with us. A previous owner glued the bolt-on neck and created a nitrocellulose pickguard and headstock face cover cut like hindu style flames. I changed the tuners, installed Seymour Duncan Dynasonic pickups, brass roller bridge and an ES 355 tailpiece. This guitar sounds magnificent. I just cannot find any other guitar like this one online. Some believe it is a Teisco and others are unsure. Have you seen something like this before?
    Last edited by Jeffblue; 03-20-2020, 02:55 PM.

Re: Does Anyone Know What This Guitar Is?

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]103807[/ATTACH]

Don't know how it uploaded sideways. I bought this Japanese guitar for $50 from a friend that is no longer with us. A previous owner glued the bolt-on neck and created a nitrocellulose pickguard and headstock face cover cut like hindu style flames. I changed the tuners, installed Seymour Duncan Dynasonic pickups, brass roller bridge and an ES 355 tailpiece. This guitar sounds magnificent. I just cannot find any other guitar like this one online. Some believe it is a Teisco and others are unsure. Have you seen something like this before?
    Looks like an old harmony

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen old Kent semi-hollow guitars that looked quite similar
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Boy, that's a new one on me.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I wanna say I saw something like this and it was in the Cort, Fernandes type vein.

but I could be totally fuguing on this -as we are talking about my Pawn Shop habit in the 90s type memory
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown guitar.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	5818499Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown guitar 01.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	5818500

Comment

It might be in the running for ugliest pickguard design of all time. Looks like they just melted some plastic and screwed it on.

:P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm gonna guess its ... Yours
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Original Vintage Japanese Guitar Club
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Kent.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! I beg pardon, but back in the 1960's, the companies that were importing Asian manuf...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                        Kent.
                        There are some similarities to Kent, but this model doesn't look like the OP...body shape is way off, "F" holes are different, trapeze tailpiece is different, pickups are different, controls are located differently, jack is on the side in the OP. But the pickup rings and switch plate look similar.

It could be just a different model of Kent, or Teisco, or any of a number of imports that had arbitrary "brand names".
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The body is a Harmony. Not sure about the neck. They came with DeArmond-Rowe gold foils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                            There are some similarities to Kent, but this model doesn't look like the OP...body shape is way off, "F" holes are different, trapeze tailpiece is different, pickups are different, controls are located differently, jack is on the side in the OP. But the pickup rings and switch plate look similar.

It could be just a different model of Kent, or Teisco, or any of a number of imports that had arbitrary "brand names".
                            I changed the pickups, tailpiece, bridge and tuners. The original pickups looked like some odd humbuckers and a cheap looking tailpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                              The body is a Harmony. Not sure about the neck. They came with DeArmond-Rowe gold foils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guitar had weird humbuckers.

Comment

Working...
                              X