Replacing my pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my pedals

Backstory: a flood may have toasted all my pedals. Because we’re going to regrade the yard and add more drainage, I probably won’t be able to afford replacing them all.

I’m thinking about a couple options. First, my must haves are wah, Drive, and delay. I can probably swing a Crybaby bass wah, a halfway decent preamp, and a decent delay. I’m also considering going back to a multi. Probably Boss or Line 6, or even a Xoom B3n, which all the bass dudes love. It’d cover a ton of ground, be fine for my needs (home use only) and easy to keep off the floor when not in use.

Also considering going virtual. I could get an inexpensive laptop and a good effects suite for the same price as any of the above options.

What say ye?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Replacing my pedals

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Backstory: a flood may have toasted all my pedals. Because we’re going to regrade the yard and add more drainage, I probably won’t be able to afford replacing them all.

I’m thinking about a couple options. First, my must haves are wah, Drive, and delay. I can probably swing a Crybaby bass wah, a halfway decent preamp, and a decent delay. I’m also considering going back to a multi. Probably Boss or Line 6, or even a Xoom B3n, which all the bass dudes love. It’d cover a ton of ground, be fine for my needs (home use only) and easy to keep off the floor when not in use.

Also considering going virtual. I could get an inexpensive laptop and a good effects suite for the same price as any of the above options.

What say ye?
    So you need FX only, i.e. no amp modeling?
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Digitech BP50
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have to say, a Line 6 M9 or HX Effects is a wonderful thing. A lot of what you need can be had in a small package there, for guitar or bass.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
          So you need FX only, i.e. no amp modeling?
          Correct. I’m not opposed to modeling, but my Rumble 60 was thankfully sitting on top of another cabinet and didn’t get wet.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your flood damage. I'd probably also recommend one of those Line 6 units since they'll have all the effects you need and more. They are pretty affordable and could be cheaper than rebuying all of the things you're trying to replace.

I have a Line 6 Pod X3 Live that I used to use a lot and it's great as well. It can even be used as an audio interface so you can record direct with it. It might be another option for you if you're looking at recording as well.

Comment

There is a possibility that your pedals might have survived. I would suggest taking the backplate off & letting them all dry off for a week, it would be even better if the whole insides could removed & kept aside for drying. If ya lucky then some or all of them might work & old need new pots. This is considering you didn't try to power them a few hours after they got soaked.

The laptop & software setup works for recording purposes but live monitoring can have lagging issues. Any of the modern cheap modelers of today could work for practicing at home or even recording.

Comment

They're all sitting opened up on my dining table. My work deemed itself an essential business, so I'll be way too busy to worry about hurrying to plug anything back in.

Comment

Working...
                X