NPD - Neunaber Immerse Mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Neunaber Immerse Mk2

Kind of a roundabout way to this pedal. While looking for a good digi-delay (see earlier thread), I happened upon Henning Pauly's review of the Source Audio Collider delay/reverb (https://youtu.be/wPpTs02YYiE). Great pedal, a little more expensive than what I was looking for, no dedicated tap tempo and a bit fiddly to set up (multi-function digital encoders with end stops are a pet peeve of mine in general).

But the best part of the review starts around 19:30, when he sets the shimmer mode to 100% wet and does volume knob swells. You can tell his reaction is genuine. I was sold, not on the Collider, but on a good configurable shimmer verb.

Enter the Neunaber Immerse. Another of HP's go-to reverbs, this basically packs every reverb type Neunaber has ever made into one pedal. I've yet to hear anyone say a bad word about the original, and the Mk2 just makes a good thing better. I played around with all the modes, and this thing is probably the most flexible effect I have ever owned. Everything you want, from subtle room tones to exaggerated surf spring, to way over-the-top orchestral shimmers. The echo mode is even a usable delay in and of itself (not as flexible as a dedicated delay, but it'll do slap back and chicken-pickin). Absolutely love it. As long as you don't have a super-complex board setup with presets or MIDI control, this is your 'verb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: NPD - Neunaber Immerse Mk2

Great reverb in a small pedal. The plain W3T reverb algorithm is amazing. All the combination patches are absolutely on point & usable too.
    Doesn't have presets of course. My only (very minor) gripe is that you have to redial all the knobs when switching to a different mode.
    I don't need MIDI program change, but I wish it could remember settings for each, so all I need to do would be twist the center knob.

Fabulous pedal though, as is the Inspire chorus. Brian Neunaber has definitely done it right with these.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
    X