3 single coils
    5 way switch
    Master volume w/ push pot
    Master tone w/ push pot

Would like:
    Neck in series option
    Bridge pup on option
    Tone control only for bridge pup.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
    Thank you!

Re: Wiring diagram help please

Originally posted by Longer View Post
    Could use some help on this one:
    3 single coils
    5 way switch
    Master volume w/ push pot
    Master tone w/ push pot

Would like:
    Neck in series option
    Bridge pup on option
    Tone control only for bridge pup.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
    Thank you!
    I could help but need to know more specifics.

Does "Neck in series option" means the option to change the connection btw Middle pickup and Neck pickup in Position 4 from either In Parallel (default) or In Series?

Does "Bridge pickup on option" mean the option to activate the Bridge pickup in Positions 3 through 5 which are usually just Middle pickup and/or Neck pickup?
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 03-24-2020, 12:22 PM.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

You rock Jack!
      Thank you much for the reply.

Yes for the Bridge Pup On question, for a 7 sound Strat... (I guess it is more common for it to be “neck pup on”, and that would work too if needed)

For the “In Series” question, yes, but... I would like the neck to run in series with any other pup that is activated with the neck. (So if I’m in position 4, I can switch to “in series” for the neck+middle, or... if I’m in position 5 (neck) with the bridge pup activated (by push pot) I can have those 2 in series as well.

Again, thank you!

Comment

But if I can only choose one in series option, it would be with the middle pick up in position 4. Thank you again!

Comment

Ok, I’ve been trying to piece together different concepts, so about the “in series” option:

Click image for larger version

Name:	C01E65CC-2FEA-4E76-9ABF-4F0559A22A68.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	5818539

If in this pic, “pup 1” was the neck, and “pup 2” is the middle, couldn’t I just solder the Bridge Pup ground along w/ the Mid Pup ground to the same lug?

Thanks!

Comment

Ok, I’ve been trying to piece together different concepts, so about the “in series” option:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103877[/ATTACH]

If in this pic, “pup 1” was the neck, and “pup 2” is the middle, couldn’t I just solder the Bridge Pup ground along w/ the Mid Pup ground to the same lug?

Thanks!
            If your intent is to connect the Bridge pickup *in series* with the Middle & Neck pups as depicted in that pic, then no. The Bridge piclup's ground wire would need to get connected to the Middle pup's hot wire. Try to think of In Series as a daisy chain of pickups connected together, with the ground wire of the preceding pup feeding the Hot wire of the next pickup that follows.
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

But if I can only choose one in series option, it would be with the middle pick up in position 4. Thank you again!
              Ok, gotcha.

Comment

What do you think of these options? Don't worry about the tone control config in this diagram not being for Bridge pup only - we can tweak that later.

This drawing is from the Deaf Eddie Website collection of diagrams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                  If your intent is to connect the Bridge pickup *in series* with the Middle & Neck pups as depicted in that pic, then no. The Bridge piclup's ground wire would need to get connected to the Middle pup's hot wire. Try to think of In Series as a daisy chain of pickups connected together, with the ground wire of the preceding pup feeding the Hot wire of the next pickup that follows.
                  No sir, I wasn’t thinking Middle & Bridge in series together.

If I wired both the bridge & middle pup’s ground to that same lug, I thought it would give me:
                  Neck & Middle in series, (as shown) but also Neck & Bridge in series if I was on the Neck and had the Bridge pup engaged...
                  Thoughts?

The Deaf Eddie works! Only it would not be as intuitive on the 5 way, but that is a minor issue.

Thank you again!

Comment

What do you think of these options? Don't worry about the tone control config in this diagram not being for Bridge pup only - we can tweak that later.

This drawing is from the Deaf Eddie Website collection of diagrams.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103878[/ATTACH]
                    After thinking about it a bit more, this diagram works great for the in series option.
                    Thank you.

Comment

After thinking about it a bit more, this diagram works great for the in series option.
                      Thank you.
                      Great - so this will be the diagram to move fwd with? And i just modify it so it has 1 tone ctl only - and that tone ctl is for the bridge pickup only?

Comment

Great - so this will be the diagram to move fwd with? And i just modify it so it has 1 tone ctl only - and that tone ctl is for the bridge pickup only?

Yes sir!
                        So I guess the easiest way would be to only use the tone pot between the Bridge pup and the 5 way?

Comment

Also, I would still like to use my other pull pot as a bridge on...
                          so I was thinking of incorporating something like this as well, (but w/ bridge pup)

Name:	E4E81407-7C4E-4AC8-BD69-7A08D32BF91B.gif
Views:	2
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5818542

Comment

Also, I would still like to use my other pull pot as a bridge on...
                            so I was thinking of incorporating something like this as well, (but w/ bridge pup)
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]103881[/ATTACH]
                            Yes sir!
                            So I guess the easiest way would be to only use the tone pot between the Bridge pup and the 5 way?
                            Here ya go!

Name:	Strat_SSS_MV_BridgeT_NeckSeriesSwitch_AddBridgeSwitch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	5818560

Comment

That is awesome man, crazy cool of you, thank you much!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X