Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

I have to give props about these pups! I am in love with how they gave my Teles the classic Bakersfield sound! I’ve converted all my Teles to these with the exception of 1 which has the SD Stacked Vintage pups. Again another fabulous set! Well done SD! I’m officially a fanboy! Anyone else have the same success?

Re: Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the props!
    The Broadcaster set is my favorite traditional Tele set. I am happy it works for you too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really like the Broadcaster bridge pickup. It sounded great in the Esquire build I did several years back. However, I needed a little more output and went another route. But that Broadcaster pickup delivers the goods. I really like the snarl it has with some overdrive.

Comment

I dropped a Broadcaster bridge in my Tele and have never wanted to remove it, 10 years on. Every recorded Tele sound I’ve been able to make with it.

Comment

I just bought a Ron Kirn tele that has this in the bridge. I haven’t received it try but you’ve got me excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the Duncan Broadcaster pickup. It's the perfect affordable "beefy vintage" Tele bridge pickup, if you can live with the string balance you get with flat poles (low E is a bit louder, and D much quieter, than they "should be"). I have it in my green Esquire build. Second hand market (from a forum bro here some years ago), perfect condition, 35 bucks. Can't beat that tone for that price.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

To the OP, in a slight off topic matter: how are the Vintage Tele Stacks? Too much of a difference in character and tone in comparison to non-stacked Tele pickups?
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                To the OP, in a slight off topic matter: how are the Vintage Tele Stacks? Too much of a difference in character and tone in comparison to non-stacked Tele pickups?
                The Stacked Vintages are amazing as well! They sound mire like mid 60s Tele pups. I love them as well. In fact all my Teles are now outfitted with SDs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the props!
                  The Broadcaster set is my favorite traditional Tele set. I am happy it works for you too.
                  Thanks brother! My band is recording our 1st album, so once it’s done I’ll post a few clips.

Comment

Absolutely...can't wait to hear!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

Just got the guitar that has this pickup in stock. It’s definitely one of the best tele pickups I’ve tried. I think anything else would be different rather than better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X