Thread: Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

Default Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

I have to give props about these pups! I am in love with how they gave my Teles the classic Bakersfield sound! Iíve converted all my Teles to these with the exception of 1 which has the SD Stacked Vintage pups. Again another fabulous set! Well done SD! Iím officially a fanboy! Anyone else have the same success?

Default Re: Props for the SD Broadcaster pups!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the props!
    The Broadcaster set is my favorite traditional Tele set. I am happy it works for you too.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

I really like the Broadcaster bridge pickup. It sounded great in the Esquire build I did several years back. However, I needed a little more output and went another route. But that Broadcaster pickup delivers the goods. I really like the snarl it has with some overdrive.

I dropped a Broadcaster bridge in my Tele and have never wanted to remove it, 10 years on. Every recorded Tele sound Iíve been able to make with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

I just bought a Ron Kirn tele that has this in the bridge. I havenít received it try but youíve got me excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Duncan Broadcaster pickup. It's the perfect affordable "beefy vintage" Tele bridge pickup, if you can live with the string balance you get with flat poles (low E is a bit louder, and D much quieter, than they "should be"). I have it in my green Esquire build. Second hand market (from a forum bro here some years ago), perfect condition, 35 bucks. Can't beat that tone for that price.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-25-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

To the OP, in a slight off topic matter: how are the Vintage Tele Stacks? Too much of a difference in character and tone in comparison to non-stacked Tele pickups?
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB-15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:Korg Pitchblack Poly, Digitech Drop, MXR CAE MC404 & EHX Wailer wahs, L6 HX FX & Stomp, Fender FVP-1, EHX Volume Pedal; Amp & Cab:H&K GM 40 Dlx, L6 DT25 cab;