Is B.C Rich for real again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is B.C Rich for real again?

Their MIK neck-thru stuff has been great for a long time. Amazing for the price a few years back.
    Those models were an incredible value with great components and fret-material.
    My first (yes I bought 2!) wmd warbeast was $600 after the standard order discount.
    All those models were listing $699-$899 from the mid-2000s to the mid-2010s.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Better question: Does Korea make $1500 value guitars? Any brand.
      I see your point, but honestly, I like my LTD better than the Ibanez Prestige I traded for it. I think my PRS SE is better too.

Comment

I had a Korean Warlock 20+ years ago. Really well made & pretty sweet for chunky, chugging rhythms....would've been totally awesome with a change of pup's. Also had a White Korean Draco Ghost (with a Floyd) for a few months and that was a killer guitar which was unfortunately stolen at a gig.

The Pro Series (MIC) Ironbird I bought a few years ago was as well made as anything out there, (easily comparable to my Korean models) & sounds/looks fantastic/plays like butter. BC Rich are some of my fave guitars...
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I'm still kicking myself for not snagging a new NJDeluxe warlock a few years back. They listed at $799 iirc.
          thru-neck maple/hog, ebony, ofr, emgs, bindings ect,,,,,,and most important the frets are really good material.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            Their MIK neck-thru stuff has been great for a long time. Amazing for the price a few years back.
            Point made. I own one...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Regarding the Schecter comments....

That abalone binding is way over used. agree it now looks just like a Schecter/LTD/etc...

Comment

The Korean Gunslingers were great. I believe they then moved production to China. And that's when it fell apart. For $499 the Korean ones were awesome. They Chinese ones were junk. I don't think they advertised it.

Now you have to be careful if you get one. People will try to sell a Chinese one for a USA price. USA ones weren't worth the price IMO for a Floyd & a pickup IMO. Unless it had an Uber-cool graphic.

Comment

The fact that they're Korean is only part of the reason they're so expensive. They are pretty decked out too, both visually and functionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                    They are pretty decked out too, both visually and functionally.
                    They are REALLY tempting... Still, the price sounds a bit steep... Especially that I just saw a local ad of a mint condition E-II 7-string with Evertune and hardcase for not much more...

Comment

As my 40th birthday is approaching and we are lockdown at home, I decided to pull the trigger on one of the new Mockingbirds as a self-present.
                      I just received yesterday. It is a great guitar. I´ve another Mockingbird (a 7-8 years old Pro-X, also Korean made, hardtail with a LP control-setup and EMGs). I can not do an AB comparison since I have moved countries and the other one is at my familiy house. But from my feelings and what I remember, the older one had a slimmer neck-profile and the balance on the body when you play was slightly different as well (I may be my memory not being accurate though).
                      The new ones have an shredder carved neck joint not present on the older ones. The neck and fingerboard feel very straight and flat. To me, the feel of the neck reminds me to an old 90s Carvin neck trough I used to have.
                      The guitar looks great, flawless. The fingerboard is really nice, the fretwork is great, qute smooth, and it plays great. The Floyd works perfectly. The D-Activator pickups sounds quite good. I was afraid they may be too much high output to my taste, but no, they are well balanced to me (I have found the Duncan Distorsion set on my charvel a bit too much for me, I allways find myself rolling back the volume on those a bit). The coil-split sounds are definitely useable. Regarding the varitone, I found the first 4th positions quite similar, very subtle differences. Only the 5th position seems to bring some different flavour to the table.
                      Also, it comes with straplocks. I have noticed a little bit of a neck dive when playing standing, but nothing huge. It kind of tends to go a bit towards the horizontal position, but not even getting there, so not a big deal.
                      Had it only 1 day, and could only try it at home through my Yamaha THR10, so I can not provide information about how it behaves on a "real amp". Very happy so far.
                      Some pics from the shop before they sent to me:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	5818894

Name:	IMG_1393.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	5818895

Name:	IMG_1394.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	5818896

Name:	IMG_1395.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5818897

Name:	IMG_1396.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5818898

Name:	IMG_1397.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	5818899

Name:	IMG_1399.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5818900

Comment

Wow! That is one great color! What do all the switches do?
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

very nice looking guitar , it is the same color as my Korean 10/6 string Bich

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Wow! That is one great color! What do all the switches do?
                            Thanks!
                            The switches are 2 coil splits for each pickup + a phase switch.

Comment

They're coming back in a big way. They just re-hired Neal Moser and are having him build custom shop USA models again. Neal and I used to talk on a BC Rich forum when I was like 13 and he's probably the reason I know more about electronics than playing guitar today, since that forum vanished and I ended up here to fill the void. I'm really considering having one made by him and pulling my guitar nerd career into a closed circle.
                              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Well, I guess the kids that loved the ads in the magazines all grew up and have money to spend. I am happy they are back making cool looking guitars. I wonder if there will be any new designs.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X