Is B.C Rich for real again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is B.C Rich for real again?

Has any of you tried the new stuff? I was browsing either reverb or ebay the other night and stumbled into a music shop's ad of a "Mockingbird Extreme".

Here it is (I mean the guitar, not the ad):

Can't recall the pricetag, it sure was quite hefty (1500+ if memory serves me right), but damn its packed: abalone binding, Fishman Fluence, 5piece neckthru, Evertune bridge... Kinda overpriced for a Korean build, but it is lightyears away from the Chinese bolt-on cellar dweller crap from a few years ago. At least on paper... Wonder if it has anything to do with Mr. King leaving ? :P (I'm sure not, but had to take a jab at the old fart )

Re: Is B.C Rich for real again?

I haven't tried one personally as I already have several 70's and 80's USA models but I have heard good things and wouldn't mind picking up the 10 string Bich, the one that has always eluded me.

Comment

I wish they were. Who knows....have to wait and see.

Better question: Does Korea make $1500 value guitars? Any brand.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Absolut or relative value? If you meant absolut, then it is certainly a "NO". But if we accept a USA guitar's value as 3000+ USD (like the companies usually price them ), then half or less of that price for a well made, feature and quality hardware packed Korean (or whatever) import is well worth the asking price, since usually in the case of the top of the line imports the only difference is some frustrating but minor attention to deatail.

Comment

For "real" no, very good? Sure
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Still waiting for them to release an Ironbird with the classic reverse headstock. Hopefully under € 1.000.
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I haven't seen them make their way over here yet. I'd love to hear reports of how they compare to classic instruments.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Haven't seen these in person yet, but I would expect Schecter-like quality from these

Comment

I would hope so , I own 76 short horn M/Bird & 82 Bich , also had a new M/bird that was neck heavy, traded to my brother for 2 L/P's sold 1 , traded the other one & $$ for the Bich, been my fav guitars for over 25 yrs ,

Comment

I don't think they are available at all yet in Europe. Whoever is supposed do be distributing them needs to be fired.

Comment

The brand has had trouble for the past 30 years, I think. I think what tanked them was flooding the market with really super cheap versions in the 80s. Those weren't great guitars.

Comment

I'll be honest, while I think the new product lines are really attractive, I think the company is going to continue to struggle.

Their most successful run was the seriously simple "Retro" series Gunslingers in the mid-00's, which they progressively cheapened as the series went on. They lost all their important artist endorsements over the past 10 years and, now, they're bringing out what are essentially B.C.Rich-shaped Schecters with top-of-the-market price tags.

I think they need to rethink their product lines and marketing strategies...maybe bring Frank Falbo onboard for creative input and to help drive interest

Or just sell to Schecter and let them handle the works, ha ha!

I'd love to see a scaled-down, truly old-school, USA-made Gunslinger for $1500 with a proper retro graphics series coming in at $2K. That would turn some heads. And when I go to the website and click on "Legacy series", I want to see stuff that looks like it was kept under someone's bed for the past 40 years and is just begging to be played. Most of the current "legacy" line just looks like the same stuff they were putting out 10-15 years ago. Not much of a legacy there

Comment

Kicking myself for not buying a Retro Warlock w/ Kahler.

excellent assessment C
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Come to think of it, I hadn't really played a genuine top of the line one for many many years. The one I played (an Ironbird) wasn't my style but it was a well made instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              I wish they were. Who knows....have to wait and see.

Better question: Does Korea make $1500 value guitars? Any brand.
                              I believe they do. The PRS SE's that were Korean made, the strandbergs and ormsby's from Korea were truly great guitars. The Guild's from SPG and World Music were great too. I have seen USA 's with similar detailing and appointments and playability.

On topic. If BCR can go back to their original core, they'll be amazing. I.e. fairly simple appointments (no abalone purfling for example), choice tonewoods, good electronics and hardware and neat finishes and playability, they'll succeed. Otherwise, no.

Comment

Working...
                              X