Fat Strat Spin A Split HB problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Strat Spin A Split HB problem

I have a fat strat I replaced the humbucker on with a GFS Power Rails. I did the Spin A Split mod to turn the lower tone control into a coil split. When I have the tone full up it’s nice and full humbucking. With the tone down the coils split. In position 2 the Fender middle pickup and the split HB coil hum cancel. When I turn the lower tone up to HB mode in position 2, the middle and bridge pickups go out of phase. Is this a wiring issue or more like a magnet issue, where I physically need to 180 the humbucker?

Re: Fat Strat Spin A Split HB problem

physical orientation of the pup wont matter. when the pup is in humbucking its out of phase with the middle pup? it sounds out of phase or you are getting hum, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      physical orientation of the pup wont matter. when the pup is in humbucking its out of phase with the middle pup? it sounds out of phase or you are getting hum, or both?
      When the pup is humbucking and combined with the middle pup it hums a little, but is out of phase. When I spilt the humbucker and combine it with the middle pup, it's hum cancelling and in phase.

Comment

Based on what we know so far, there are 2 possibilities. Either each pickup is out of phase with each other, or the humbucker is out of phase with itself. Go to position 1 and put the humbucker on full to confirm that the humb isn't out of phase with itself.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

In position 1 the humbucker is quiet and loud. When it’s split it’s a nice full single coil tone with a small amount of hum.

Comment

so you need to split to that coil in that phase, but need to flip the phase of the whole thing while in series. ill need more coffee before i can do that in my head

Comment

Working...
            X