Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie solo cover with new strat

I decided to put this strat through its paces with this one

Last edited by Archer250; 03-27-2020, 01:41 AM.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: Yngwie solo cover with new strat

One of my favorite Yng solos! Great job!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      One of my favorite Yng solos! Great job!
      Thanks! It's one of my favorites too.
      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Holy Monkey F$#&^!!!

Didn't know you could do that?!?!?!?!?!

I guess that explains the low post count...

So is that one of his more "axe-cessible" solos to the masses, I noted there wasn't a ton of arpeggiated sweep madness in that, if any. Are the patterns easy? Is this a recommended "try it" solo????
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Holy Monkey F$#&^!!!

Didn't know you could do that?!?!?!?!?!

I guess that explains the low post count...

So is that one of his more "axe-cessible" solos to the masses, I noted there wasn't a ton of arpeggiated sweep madness in that, if any. Are the patterns easy? Is this a recommended "try it" solo????
          I think this is one of the less technically demanding solos of his, but it's very endurance-demanding. Most of the solo is more "rock" than "neoclassic" in feel. The fast alternate-picked runs are more about power than speed. Rawness rather than finesse.

The only tricky licks are, IMO, the arpeggio that segue into the ascending lick that starts the solo and the tapping near the end.

As you could see, those were also the two main licks I really struggled with.

The arpeggio - into minor scale lick is quite tricky

How it's supposed to be played is attached.

I've done "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" last year and I think that one's easier.

The songs from Alcatraz to Marching Out are just too crazy to be played normally http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e7e37d2...328_002927.mp4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember the funny video.

Great job! Yng's solos are laughably impossible, but this one was a big influence on 15 year old me. We lacked good transcription books then.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I remember the funny video.

Great job! Yng's solos are laughably impossible, but this one was a big influence on 15 year old me. We lacked good transcription books then.
              I can imagine how hard that would be.

I learned this one mostly by ear, but I've already been taught "Yngwieisms" by YouTube guitarists, and rewinding to figure out a part is much easier on YouTube than on cassette or vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                I can imagine how hard that would be.

I learned this one mostly by ear, but I've already been taught "Yngwieisms" by YouTube guitarists, and rewinding to figure out a part is much easier on YouTube than on cassette or vinyl

Yngwie does seem to have little things that he just re-arranges and puts in different songs. They are not easy tricks, but they are tricks none the less. He isn't the only one- most guitarists have these sorts of things.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I had read about the Screaming' Swede long before I heard him. Used to make fun of his name, look, junky @$$ Strat etc.

Then I walked in on someone playing Evil eye from No Parole. I had a jaw drop / WTF moment and took back everything I ever said. Mr. Van Halen, the bar has been raised! And mighty damn high at that...
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

you are doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      I had read about the Screaming' Swede long before I heard him. Used to make fun of his name, look, junky @$$ Strat etc.

Then I walked in on someone playing Evil eye from No Parole. I had a jaw drop / WTF moment and took back everything I ever said. Mr. Van Halen, the bar has been raised! And mighty damn high at that...
                      exactly, EVH was the first strong blow, YJM has the knockout punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X