banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does "J" signify at the end of my TB5J pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "J" signify at the end of my TB5J pickup?

Someone asked me what was in the bridge position of my Ibanez Iceman. '59 in neck, but I don't know what the "J" means on the Duncan Custom Trembucker.

Many thanks!

Re: What does "J" signify at the end of my TB5J pickup?

welcome to the forum!

its the initial of the person who put the pup together, in your case it was made by MJ who has been seymours right hand for many many years

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      welcome to the forum!

its the initial of the person who put the pup together, in your case it was made by MJ who has been seymours right hand for many many years
      Well, thank you very kindly!

Comment

Now that thats settled, lets see the Iceman
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Or we'll have another Iceman thread (an in joke for the older members).

Comment

There is a myth that these pickups are more of everything than another pickup ever wound and that they are infinitely valuable. I have $10 bucks that says you can't pick a 59J from 10 other 59's.

No hate on MJ at all. Just saying girlfriend can wind a JB or a 59 as well as anyone else, because a 59 is a 59 etc...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

^ I think the process is fully automated. So unless all the mojo is in how you snip the wire at the end, or load the bobbin onto the winder, they would be otherwise identical no matter who was the 'winder' for the day.

MJ's real talent showed once she got to the Custom Shop.

Comment

Now the Custom shop....that's whole different deal. MJ is a tone Goddess of supreme power, knowledge and ability.

The "J" on the sticker is is a forum fondness item all for the love of MJ. Because, well, we all do love MJ.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X