banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reason to mistrust Amazon pickup sellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason to mistrust Amazon pickup sellers?

I bought a JB/59 from Amazon, order was fulfilled by Amazon so the pickups were in their warehouse. The actual seller (Zorro Sounds) seems reputable they sell all kinds of guitar accessories and small instruments, pups came in the regular SD clear box sealed with tape. Multi meter show the right reading of Ohmns. I would have bought them directly from SD or any other "official" authorized dealer but it is not possible given the current situation. Any reason to be concerned about them? I noticed some negative comment about Amazon from someone here, just curious.
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by Edward203; 03-29-2020, 09:42 AM.

Re: Any reason to mistrust Amazon pickup sellers?

Amazon has no idea if the stuff they ship is real or a knock off. I've found lots of fake bike stuff on amazon, enough that I'm always leery about ordering from them now. There are plenty of real and honest businesses on there, but there are also plenty of people selling Chinese knock-offs.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Do they state that they are an authorized dealer? Is there a good return policy? No matter what I buy, I know I am trading 'not knowing' for 'convenience' when shopping re-sellers on Amazon. Take a chance if they say they allow returns.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Uh, reviews from google not the best. I'll just get them from Musician's Friend, they're listed as authorized premium online dealers. Going back to Amazon, last thing I want to do is re wire the entire guitar to find out that there is something off with the pups. Thanks!
        Last edited by Edward203; 03-29-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

If this is the same place, looks like they're a real, brick and mortar music store.

I'd also add that the DCR of a knock-off pickup matching its real Duncan counterpart is, in my non-expert opinion, nearly zero.

If I had bought them from that vendor and they read the correct DCR for both pickups, I wouldn't be worried.

Larry

Comment

There's a ton of fake stuff on Amazon. The problem isn't just third-party sellers either.

I bought Schaller strap locks from Amazon (not a third-party seller) that were so obviously fake that I knew immediately. I returned them and wrote a review but Amazon refused to post it.

If the third-party seller is a brick and mortar music store, I'd trust them MORE than if Amazon was the seller.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

If you post pictures of the pickups you received, we can probably tell you more. MOST pickups out there are genuine and there are plenty of ways non-authorized resellers get their hands on legitimate pickups, but buying 3rd party from Amazon is the same as buying 3rd party from everywhere else...you simply never know what you'll get for sure.

Comment

There's lots of fake stuff on Amazon these days.

However, if you look at https://www.seymourduncan.com/dealer...ersey&miles=10 you can confirm that Zorro Sounds is listed as an SD dealer, so chances are your pickups are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by spi View Post
                  Zorro Sounds is listed as an SD dealer
                  BOOM! There you go! Legit Duncans.

I incorrectly assumed the OP had checked the dealer's status before posting. Next time I'll just post a link to that page, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X