Trembucker in the neck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trembucker in the neck.

So I finished the project and it came out great it was a little hard to understand the settings on an amp to make it brighten up a little bit but with a little bit of adjustments on the app I can bring out the mid-range on it and reached an ID because the meds need to be boosted with this pickup in the neck position but I'm also comparing it side-by-side to my Invader Bridge pickup that's in the bridge position so there's really no comparison there that Invader is a nice pickup

Comment

What?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

So what friggin pickup is it?
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I put the trembucker in the neck pos. Sounds cool.. but needs mids boosted.. um I wonder what will happen if I take out my treble bleed capacitor?
          Last edited by Jayjamz; 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I have to say.. I dunno why people EVER hate on the invader tho. The invader out performs the trembuck substantially

Comment

I have no problems with the pole pieces either. They line up pretty well on the neck with the trembucker installed... however. I'm gonna be on to a jazz neck in the future

Comment

"The Trembucker" is not a pickup model. "A Trembucker" is any Duncan humbucker with wide spacing.

So what friggin' model is it already!
                Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Dude it says trembucker on the back

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200330-201006_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	5818586

Comment

Originally posted by Jayjamz View Post
                      Dude it says trembucker on the back
                      Hmmmm. Perhaps because the baseplate is a...Trembucker baseplate...as Trembuckers are known to use. You do realize that special baseplates aren't made for every different pickup model, don't you?

We've explained what "Trembucker" means several times in the thread. Again, "Trembucker" in and of itself is NOT a pickup model that Duncan currently sells. It refers to a humbucker with Duncan's wider spacing, which is available on a plethora of models. To make it easy, Duncan puts "SH" somewhere in the code for regular spacing, and "TB" somewhere in the code for wide spacing.

That pickup model is called the "Parallel Axis Original." All of them are Trembuckers, TMK.

Do the most basic research on the stuff you are buying, before making snippy statements about it to attempt to correct those who obviously have some idea what they're talking about. This is in the Duncan Website F.A.Q., as well as being explained a few times to you this thread.
                      Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-30-2020, 11:38 PM.
                      Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Wow.. think u read me wrong. I started this for guidance along my inquisitive journey. Doing the installation was of course gonna happen regardless.. I was looking for peeps who have and do experiment. And I'm very happy with the bite from this... whatever its called.lol. but its again not what I'm looking for.. I want more midrange push outta the neck. The invader neck I had in was awesomely clear and present.. but not loud enough compared to the bridge invader. So I'm just experimenting.. so now I'm gonna want more from u guys when I say this.. what about the jazz neck paired with this invader. I have an hsh strat set up all cts 500k pots a treble bleed capacitor 5way.. ect.. and... go!

Comment

Also. Not everything in every FAQ is gonna be correct.. take my invader neck pick.. it's no where near as loud as they say it will be.

Comment

If you want midrange push in the neck against a hot bridge pickup the choice is the screamin demon. You are a funny guy!
                            The things that you wanted
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Duncan Distortion - NECK! The output would match the invader in the bridge. If the mids are not enough (they should be tho), just buy a cheap Tubescreamer (e.g., EHX East River Drive - great pedal), and be done with it.

B
                              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Thanx doc..

Comment

Working...
                                X