Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Humbucker wiring question

Hey Folks
    Looking for a diagram for 2 humbuckers , 1 vol , 1tone , super 5 way.
    would like , BR/series, BR/parallel ,BR/NK , NK/parallel , NK/series , Master volume and tone .
    I found one but its slightly confusing
    Any help would be great
    Thanks
    Rob

Re: Dual Humbucker wiring question

Originally posted by caherdon View Post
    Hey Folks
    Looking for a diagram for 2 humbuckers , 1 vol , 1tone , super 5 way.
    would like , BR/series, BR/parallel ,BR/NK , NK/parallel , NK/series , Master volume and tone .
    I found one but its slightly confusing
    Any help would be great
    Thanks
    Rob
    This diagram from GuitarElectronics.com does that. I scrutinized it recently and it is legit, i.e. it works as advertised.

Is this the one that you found but had questions on? Fire away and I will try to explain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_210228.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	5818589
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 03-31-2020, 02:49 PM.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

To add a master tone control, you would connect one to the output jack like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_003222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	5818590
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
        This diagram from GuitarElectronics.com does that. I scruitinized it recently and it is legit, i.e. it works as advertised.

Is this the one that you found but had questions on? Fire away and I will try to explain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103945[/ATTACH]
        Thanks for the reply. The only part im a bit confused on is the where the volume pot connects to pole 2 , 4 and north start of the neck pickup.
        I was thinking Volume to poles 2 and 4 and then to either 1,2,4,5 of where the neck north start connects .
        I hope that makes sense.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The only part im a bit confused on is the where the volume pot connects to pole 2 , 4 and north start of the neck pickup.
          I was thinking Volume to poles 2 and 4 and then to either 1,2,4,5 of where the neck north start connects .
          I hope that makes sense.
          Yes, your hunch was correct.

Comment

I hope that makes sense.
            For anyone wanting to use the diagram above, I have since found that the superswitch is depicted backwards. To adjust for that, simply imagine the row of lugs shown on the right side is on the left, and vice versa for the other row of lugs.

Comment

It doesn't make a difference, you can swap them like that if you want to, but you'll get the same result if you don't.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
              X