Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for an affordable Multi Effect to use as a preamp

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
    Sorry, was thinking you were going to a PA cab. Looks like the G1 Four doesn't have enough output to drive your power amp. What power amp do you have? How many volts does it need for input?
    Zoom is +2dBu output level, so check the input sensitivity of your power amp.
    The volume is fine, it's actually huge for bedroom use, so I don't think output is the problem. I've run the G1Xfour through my Orange Micro Dark's Fx return (solid state class AB power amp), Orange Rocker 15 terror's Fx return (EL84 power amp) and Mooer baby bomb power amp, the results are the same, muffled sound.

I've run the G1Xon through all of them and it sounds fine because it has a power amp in mode, that's why I believed the G1XFour is designed to go into the front of an amp, because distortion pedals also sound muffled when you plug it into an power amp as they're designed to go into the front of an amp.

Comment

Looks like there's a certain limit of what you can do with a $100 piece of gear

Comment

Yeah - just go Boss.

If my Roland Cube could be a pedal it would be awesome.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Personally, I'd look for a used 11 Rack. I used to run mine with a power amp through 2 Marshall 1960 4x12s that were spaced about 10 feet apart. It sounded awesome!!

You can usually find Eleven Racks used for around $200.
          Last edited by JOLLY; 04-09-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

How did I know that post was gonna say "11 Rack"
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X