Installed my second SNS neck today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed my second SNS neck today.

Replaced the Sentient in my Carvin ST 300 with a SNS neck today. First impressions are interesting.
    First off the ST 300 is a VERY big and fat sounding guitar much like a really good Les Paul and the Sentient was a little boomy and muddy in it. The Hybrid just sounds HUGE in the bridge of that guitar!! The SNS is very defined and is much clearer clean but is still very smooth sweet and fat when crunched. The tone is a lot better match in this particular guitar than the Sentient was with the Hybrid but took some adjusting to get a weird harsh attack thing out when you hit it hard. The SNS sounds MUCH different in the ST 300 than it does in the semi hollow AE 185 much bigger and rounder. Will know more once I can get it out into a full band situation and see how it responds so--.
    Last edited by Ascension; 03-30-2020, 10:50 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Installed my second SNS neck today.

Took the ST 300 out last night for a practice with a band and have come to one realization. The SNS does NOT Split well in fact it is one of the lamest split tone humbuckers I have ever used by itself. Thankfully it is also a very clean and defined humbucker clean in full humbucker mode. Was expecting more split with it though and last night solidified my thoughts on swapping the 5 way in that guitar for a 3 way blade and then going to a push pull volume pot for split tones.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
    X