Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's something wrong with me...

...but most of you already know that

So, 4 or 5 years ago, I sold a rather budget-oriented "Anthem" WTR10 guitar I had. I also had a couple higher-end WTR30 models prior, which were the same guitar but with transparent finishes over quilt maple tops and Floyd Rose bridges. Well, my WTR10 had the coolest matte lime green finish and the WTR body shape was one of my favs with its large, full-body bevels. But, I was making life changes at the time and needed money, so off it went.

Well, I've semi-regretted selling that thing ever since and I told myself last week that if I ever saw another one pop up, I'd grab it to check out again.

Lo' and behold, another matte lime green WTR10 in mint condition showed up on Reverb this week! Being a man of my word, I snagged it and broke the news about the "non-essential" purchase to my wife today.

Should be here by the end of the week. I know this guitar won't do much for most people, and it doesn't do anything my other guitars can't, but these were highly underrated for the price and suffered an unfortunately short existence due to a law suit over the "Anthem" name.

My plan is to toss in some black/white zebra pickups, maybe some cool '80s-style black vinyl zebra stripes at some point and let her rip!

Re: There's something wrong with me...

It may just be the picture, but man that is a wide neck. And you're right, that is a great body shape and even cooler paint job. I'll definitely be following this one.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The neck is very much an Ibanez shape/size. I think these are 16" radius, 43mm nut, thin-C profile, not quite an Ibanez "Wizard", though...more like Wizard II/III.

They use top-notch woods (look at how dark the Rosewood fretboard is on the one above) and the frets were a custom alloy that is slightly harder than the standard nickel-silver fretwire.

Here's the one I sold a few years ago:

Last edited by Masta' C; 03-31-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Any other colour but green, but it's okay.

Zebra style pickups, but one side of the pickup is green, would look very nice. But I don't know if they have those.

Comment

Let me just put this in your ear quietly: Neon pink or green JB from Banjomikez
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like the layout of the controls. I've never heard about this brand, and I haven't heard about the lawsuit.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I like the layout of the controls. I've never heard about this brand, and I haven't heard about the lawsuit.
              Me neither. I just did an internet search to find out more about both, and look what popped up at the top of the results. Haha, that's hilarious!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_112843.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5818609
              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Let me just put this in your ear quietly: Neon pink or green JB from Banjomikez
                Dang'it...now you got the gears rollin' in my head

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                The company was started by Chesbro Music in Memphis around 2008. A lot of care went into designing the guitars and QC was very high for a "Made in China" product at the time.

Their marketing at the beginning was fairly aggressive and they got a solid number of artist endorsements right off the bat. Unfortunately, just over a year in, they ran into trademark issues over the Anthem name with Anthem Musical Instruments, a brass/woodwind company, and everything came to a halt.

They tried to silently revive some of the models under the "Teton" brand name a few years later, but they ended up dropping most of the solid body electric models to focus on hollowbodies and acoustics.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                  Dang'it...now you got the gears rollin' in my head

The company was started by Chesbro Music in Memphis around 2008. A lot of care went into designing the guitars and QC was very high for a "Made in China" product at the time.

Their marketing at the beginning was fairly aggressive and they got a solid number of artist endorsements right off the bat. Unfortunately, just over a year in, they ran into trademark issues over the Anthem name with Anthem Musical Instruments, a brass/woodwind company, and everything came to a halt.

They tried to silently revive some of the models under the "Teton" brand name a few years later, but they ended up dropping most of the solid body electric models to focus on hollowbodies and acoustics.
                  Crazy story. You'd think someone might have researched this before launching a company. It is a pretty common word that probably was going to be used by any company in any industry.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool. I like the guitar, looks nice. Agree with zebra coils.
                    -=The Dali
                    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
                    X