banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Beginner's Riff - Smoke on the Water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Beginner's Riff - Smoke on the Water!

For anybody who's spending their quarantine time thinking about picking up or learning guitar for the first time, or even anyone who just wants to learn an all-time classic riff - this is one of the easiest yet best sounding riffs ever! Just don't play it in a guitar store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0N9oajvTs0&t=9s

Re: The Ultimate Beginner's Riff - Smoke on the Water!

Floyd the barber is even simpler. Lol!
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I'd rather hear someone stumbling over ironman.

Comment

Try the solo. Far more difficult than what may seem, what with Ritchie's unique phrasing.

Comment

One of my students is learning the solo. It isn't that easy, but rarely is any Blackmore solo.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah his solos are definitely surprisingly difficult, not to mention awesome sounding! He's got his own thing going on.

Comment

I love deep purple and Blackmore and all (big fan of the Rod Evans and early Ian Gillian days), but I think learning and practicing this riff during a pandemic lockdown just might increase the murder rate.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                I love deep purple and Blackmore and all (big fan of the Rod Evans and early Ian Gillian days), but I think learning and practicing this riff during a pandemic lockdown just might increase the murder rate.
                I dig every era of Deep Purple, too. And I can agree with this. I'd rather they work on Wring That Neck, or Lay Down, Stay Down.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Lord was the absolute mastermind of Deep Purple. 3rd record (Fool, April, Why didn't rosemary, chasing shadows, etc just great melodies, orchetsration, execution) was a masterpiece, hands down. Blackmore positioned himself as guitar God, but personally I find very few lines of his that are hard to play : a lick from "child in time" comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X