Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Rocker 15 Terror in-depth!

Hey all!

I finally got around to making an in-depth demo for my Orange Rocker 15 Terror head. Making these demos always is a good opportunity to really learn what the amps can do. I've had this Orange for about a year or so and I have 5 other Orange lunchbox amps. Yup, I love those little things The Rocker 15 is unique when compared the others. It's perhaps one of the more gentle or vintage sounding Oranges of the bunch. I'm not saying it can't do metal, especially with a boost, but the Tiny Terror for example has a sound that's slightly better suited for that. I really appreciate it's tone though. Just so nice and fluffly! Great for any genre basically but the greatest for Indie Rock, rock, stoner etc.

The natural channel is amazing too. It only has one control (master volume basically). It does have a lot of headroom for a small amp but it can be driven to nice overdrive. This channel also turned out AMAZING with my Friedman BE-OD Deluxe and Diezel VH4-2 so as it turns out, this amp is a great pedal platform!

This amp sounds great with boost pedals as well. The loudness features are great too. What's not to love? Does anyone else own one? Ever try pedals with it? I also have a Brent Hinds Terror and that amp is VERY different. Much brighter and Marshall-y. I'll do an in-depth demo of that one as well one day.

Here is the demo:

Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Re: Orange Rocker 15 Terror in-depth!

Interesting video. I always wondered what's the difference between the Rocker 15, the OR15, and the Jim Root Terror. They all seem to be tweaks on the Rockerverb voicing, AFAIK, aren't they?

Overall, can't say Orange is my thing, but there were some very interesting tones dialed in here. The rock-y tones are great, unsurprisingly.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 04-06-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Re: Orange Rocker 15 Terror in-depth!

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      Interesting video. I always wondered what's the difference between the Rocker 15, the OR15, and the Jim Root Terror. They all seem to be tweaks on the Rockerverb voicing, AFAIK, aren't they?

Overall, can't say Orange is my thing, but there were some very interesting tones dialed in here. The rock-y tones are great, unsurprisingly.
      I don't know if the Rocker 15 was based on the Rockerverb tbh but the Jim Root and OR15 are and they share the same PCB although they don't sound exactly the same. My Jim Root has a slightly darker and (low)-mid focused sound whereas the OR15 is slightly fuzzier and vintage sounding. The Rocker 15 definitely sounds less heavy and is better for anything from clean to rock. A pre-amp pedal sounds great on the clean channel though so it could be used for anything with the right gear.
      Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
      OwnHammer.com

Comment

Working...
      X