Ngd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd

This one just arrived. Will eventually get around to putting in some tv Jones puppies.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2850.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	5853712

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ngd

cool looking guitar! dont know if ive seen that model before

Comment

Looks like a Jackson Mark Morton Dominion... Though the color is indeed unfamiliar looking...

Comment

oh I like that

tummy cut?
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I like it.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

What do the switches do? I haven't seen that model before.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ngd

It’s an ivory dominion pro...they just changed around the models for 2020. It’s semihollow without f-holes. I wanted something I could use for jazz and country that felt like a Jackson. I was unsure about the unfinished neck but as it happens I think it’s killer ha.

There is a tummy cut.

The switches are coil splitters which I’m not really crazy about...probably will omit them from the circuit when I install the tv Jones pickups.

Last edited by Nsatke81; 04-02-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I actually wish Jackson had kept around their non-metal axe line, like the Sweetone Jazzr and the Surfcaster... But since they are gone, I guess this and maybe the Friedman/Monarch model is the next best thing for those wanting a Jackson tailored for a bit more mellow music. What's your opinion/experience regarding the build quality on this one?

Comment

I have a 1996 blonde Jackson Surfcaster

UPDATE: Over time, this has become one of my most viewed posts (along with the Tokai post) – seems like we guitarists are always on the lookout for gear info!...

And, first glance, thought this was one of those. Mine has a TVJones in the bridge, and it’s a match made in heaven!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post

UPDATE: Over time, this has become one of my most viewed posts (along with the Tokai post) – seems like we guitarists are always on the lookout for gear info!...

And, first glance, thought this was one of those. Mine has a TVJones in the bridge, and it’s a match made in heaven!

Awesome surfcaster! Jackson came out with some really cool guitars in the later 90s trying to figure out their identity.

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                    I actually wish Jackson had kept around their non-metal axe line, like the Sweetone Jazzr and the Surfcaster... But since they are gone, I guess this and maybe the Friedman/Monarch model is the next best thing for those wanting a Jackson tailored for a bit more mellow music. What's your opinion/experience regarding the build quality on this one?
                    I would say that my USA Jacksons (mostly Ontario factory, one San dimas) are certainly on a different level. However, the dominion is light, feels very sturdy and the neck plays exceedingly well. I would say that it is comparable to a nice Ibanez artcore than anything epiphone makes.

I also was excited about this pro series model because it has the graphite rods in the neck for stability. I feel this subtly changes the tone of the guitar in a pleasing way.

When I managed music stores I found that quality of an instrument sometimes has more to do with the qc process than price tag. I will say that I spent more on this than I would have on a 335 style Ibanez artcore, but I am glad I did.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post

Wow, that's a sweet lookin blonde you got there! There is actually one for sale in a nearby city in red, with Kent Armstrong pups and a slight blemish on the body. I just couldn't convince myself yet to take it for around 600 USD - I don't think I ever played a single riff that would fit that kind of instrument. But it looks soooo *****in' that I keep going back to the ad... Maybe having something radically different would push me to work on some uncharted territories with my playing (not that there is a single territory that I have completely charted, but still... )?

Comment

Wow, that's a sweet lookin blonde you got there! There is actually one for sale in a nearby city in red, with Kent Armstrong pups and a slight blemish on the body. I just couldn't convince myself yet to take it for around 600 USD - I don't think I ever played a single riff that would fit that kind of instrument. But it looks soooo *****in' that I keep going back to the ad... Maybe having something radically different would push me to work on some uncharted territories with my playing (not that there is a single territory that I have completely charted, but still... )?
                        Believe it or not you can play anything on the surfcasters. They have tons of acoustic properties so they are great for just sitting around the house and jamming.

Comment

Ngd

Yeah, the only thing that keeps me off it compared to my other guitars is it’s thin-profile neck and flat radius fingerboard - not my preference. But I do love it.

The original pickups in mine were both Kent Armstrong (designed, I think) and the neck lipstick in this guitar has something going on that I’ve not been able to find in any other pickup - one of the many reasons I’d be unlikely to sell.

I wasn’t a fan of the bridge HB - nothing bad, just not inspirational - and I felt the aesthetic cried out for something Gretsch/Rickenbacker - the TV Jones just fit the bill all around (likes it so much that I’ve since put his Starwood pickups on my Strat and Tele).

For $600, I’d be really tempted to check out that one locally, it may well take you into different territory - very flexible.

Comment

Working...
                          X