Duncan Convertible line out for recording, heheh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Convertible line out for recording, heheh

Anyone using a Duncan Convertible for recording please post tips, module preferences, tubes, settings, what works best for you? I have some clean settings that work, but I think the distortion config could be better, for low volumes anyway.

Have had a convertible 100 about 2 years but never tried the line out before. Got to try the line out the other day. I was blown away by how great it sounded. I ran it into a line 6 gearbox for reverb and a cab model. Man, thanks Seymour, you are way ahead of the times. Truly visionary. The amp has a far better direct out than any modern amp I have ever tried, they don't come close. You could sell that circuitry in a box, why should I get one from France when SD could make a load/line out here? Seymour really knows his stuff. I was using pearly gates bridge SH1 neck in a relatively cheap ibanez as73 (335 knockoff) but, for the V1 tube, clean channel, using a vintage Hammond 12Au7, probably mullard or amperex. Low volume on 20 watts. That tip (12AU7 sub for 12AX7) is in the manual, and is what I prefer because it's so articulate. The amp is built and wired like a tank, i have no doubt people dropped them and/or wrong tube substitutions. No issues whatsoever. Hope to glean some info. from other's experiences. Thanks again, stay safe!!
    jackrabbit-eared ~^~ ~^~ Spock!

Re: Duncan Convertible line out for recording, heheh

I have one but haven’t used it in a few years.
    Your comments have me curious to pull it out of ‘storage’!

I have a bunch of extra modules and remember having a blast swapping tubes and modules.
    I agree that SD was definitely ahead of time with this amp.

Comment

Working...
    X