Prized or Rare Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prized or Rare Picks

Let’s start a new thread and see what you guys have in your collection.
    Post your prized or rare picks! Something that you’ve had for decades and is now discontinued, or a pick you caught or got from a famous musician during a concert, etc.

I’ll start off with mine. 3 Jazz III picks from Joe Bonamassa that I got backstage before the show from Mike Hickey his guitar tech in 2012. He was also nice enough to show us Joe’s gear. The other pick is a PickBoy Gauss model, glow in the dark that I bought randomly at a music store. Checked online and it’s apparently somewhat rare.

Click image for larger version

Name:	89AE1758-D6B6-4E6C-A0C1-0B3197D01F51.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	5853717

Re: Prized or Rare Picks

Joe Bonamassa? Seriously? The dude would sell street air if he could brand it!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Says the Kiss fan

Comment

I will have to go dig for my box o' picks from the 80's & 90's. I know I have K.K. Downing, Brad Gillis, George Lynch and Joe Statriani picks in it. My son works security at Nationwide Arena and for concerts he often gets stationed outside the dressing rooms. I don't know how rare it is, but he got this one for me from Paul Stanley when KISS came thru town on the EOTR Tour.

Name:	keotrFront.jpg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	5818634

Name:	keotrBack.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	5818635
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The George Lynch pick I’d love to see if you find it

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
          I will have to go dig for my box o' picks from the 80's & 90's. I know I have K.K. Downing, Brad Gillis, George Lynch and Joe Statriani picks in it. My son works security at Nationwide Arena and for concerts he often gets stationed outside the dressing rooms. I don't know how rare it is, but he got this one for me from Paul Stanley when KISS came thru town on the EOTR Tour.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104019[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]104020[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by kramer.geetar View Post
            Says the Kiss fan
            Good point... there’s no Bonna-coffin.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I was on a roll a couple years back - I’d score one per show I went to, it was weird. The skull one is Mike Gilbert from Flotsam and Jetsam. I actually bought the Diamond Head one at their show and someone gave me the Megadeth one (but I’ve seen them twice). I traded Tony from whiplash for an 805 promotional pick I had on me. He seemed very surprised to get one in return!

The same night I got the Hirax pick I ended up watching their merch booth for a few minutes while Katon’s wife ran to the bathroom lol.

The vicious rumors means a lot because I spoke with Geoff at length about music and the Bay Area, such a cool guy.

Name:	723510BE-5DA8-4FAE-8261-BB52D88C92CC.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	5818636
              Last edited by DankStar; 04-03-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Nice collection 👍

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  Good point... there’s no Bonna-coffin.
                  Of more relevance: he doesn't sell branded TP either...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    He already has. It’s called “Joe Bonnamassa Live In Concert”

Comment

Somewhere around here I have a pick I caught from Bruce Kulick when he was still in KISS and have some various KISS picks I bought in a little rock shop years ago.
                      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                      Jackson Soloist 7 string
                      ESP LTD M-400
                      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by kramer.geetar View Post
                        The George Lynch pick I’d love to see if you find it
                        Interesting story behind the Lynch pick. Dokken was opening for Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour. It was an off night for George, he was mostly stationary on stage and he actually dropped/fumbled the pick. I read later that he had been battling some illness and had collapsed on stage either a few shows before or after that one. I will look for the box this week.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                        X