This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping polepiece screws between AP2 and Custom custom

So I have a LP with a gold Custom and an Ibanez AZ that I am thinking of putting the custom (but mag swapping to A2) in, with a nickel cover and nickel screws.

My idea is to buy a nickel covered AP2 pup for my LP and swap covers and polepiece screws with that of the custom.

I have never completely taken out a polepiece screw- is there a chance of screwing up the pickup? I plan to replace one at a time back and forth so they're not all out of either pickup.

Also...do you think the non-Slash AP2 will work well in the bridge with the PGn neck I have now? I'm confident I can get a custom custom to work in the Ibanez AZ, since mag swaps are awesome with that pickup. Also considering a 59b. I initially had a PGb in there, but thought it was too brittle/thin. I went with a Custom because at that time I didn't have my current heavy hitting Ibanez j.custom with Dreamcatcher/Liquifire pickups. Now I want my LP to be a more vintage-sounding guitar...but with a bit more thickness than the PGb.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nagisa; 04-04-2020, 07:48 AM.

Re: Swapping polepiece screws between AP2 and Custom custom

ive done it before and didnt have an issue. when going to put them back in, i turn them backwards till they drop into the already cut threads then go forward. i do that for almost all screws all the time so its pretty natural for me but it may take a little patience if you arent used to it. the idea is to use the same threads and not cut new ones, as long as you do that, it should be totally fine. if you did it a bunch, then the threads might widen too much to hold the screws tight but once or twice will be fine

Comment

Re: Swapping polepiece screws between AP2 and Custom custom

Thank you! I decided to get a different pickup (gravity storm in white) for the AZ so for now I will keep the LP as is. That is definitely useful to know though as I will likely end up swapping colored covers at some point

Comment

Working...
      X