Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Incoming ngd guild starfire v

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Beautiful guitar. I love it. Guilds are very fine instruments. Back in the 60s there weren't any finer...Gibson, Gretsch, and Guild were the big three for hollows and semis.
    Thanks but im annoyed two days no tracking update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess canpar dosen't ship between Friday and Sunday. And they said it should be here tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

So I guess it’s verdict time on the guild starfire v. So after for a few hours yesterday and a fare bit today I think it’s safe to say it was well worth the money. I can only compare the neck to the neck on my 96 Taylor 810 . So the guilds neck is a tad bit smaller than the Taylor both nut with ,scale length ect . The fret size I must say are darn close nice and low , but I always had problems playing the chords “A2” and “C#m7” on the Taylor but can play them comfortably on the guild. Now I think the thing I like the most comes down to is the election layout . Where it has that guild labeled Bigsbys that gets in the way for volume swells and on my tele I have to flip the arm back to do that , but that’s not the case on the guild . I absolutely love the master volume I think it was a great idea because it’s handy to your hand but the pick guard gets in the way a bit but Is very doable. The hardware seems to be solid and now since the strings are getting worn in it seems to be holding its tune well even with some slight trem use. Overall the finish I’d give a 8/10 due to some imperfections around the f holes and some paint transfer on the binding. The finish seems to well done otherwise it’s nice and reflective like a new guitar is supposed to be . The pickups I’m still not sure on them, I don’t hate them but I don’t love them . I would have to say the a super clean and I can get a fair bit of low end out of them same with the high end . I find them lacking in mids some but not as much as I find emgs . Something I I think could be done differently is the hardware I believe gold looks better on black but if I do that I’m gonna have to talk to Bigsbys of a g branded b7 . The open tuners concerns me a bit living where I live it can get dusty fast and why does it not come with a bone nut. And after spending a day and a half I think it would be worth the full asking price minus the plastic nut. One thing I must mention it is the heaviest semi I have ever owned . But I guess that’s it

Comment

Working...
          X