Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling routing boo boo

Paging ICTGoober to the operating room,

Hi again. So I bought the cheap Allen Eden hardtail body. Nice weight, paint is reasonable, routing is not great on the inside and on one spot on the platform where the neck bolts. For ~$100 I don’t feel ripped off. It actually sounds pretty darn good.

Here’s the issue, on the platform where the neck bolts to, as mentioned above just cries out to be fixed. For a case like this, could one mask the back of the body, set the body so the orientation is perfectly level, sand a touch and fill with clear CA? It’s not too far off... so I’d think you might see a little variance if you look hard enough.. but it should feel right. Here the masking tape would be a dam to get the fill right then sanded square.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2DE8B6DC-5B25-40CE-AAB0-EDE5B24A04EA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	5853722

Re: Filling routing boo boo

Are you talking about that little runoff void where the body contour meets the neck? On the part of the neck that faces the floor when you are playing the instrument? On a $100 guitar??

You can probably repair it the way you are thinking but I would leave it be.

Comment

Why bother? Time and effort invested would be more than the value of the guitar. For $100 I’d buy another one that didn’t have the problem.

Comment

Frankly, I can't see what defect we are supposed to be talking about.... Sorry.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Not worth it. It’s a cheap body, with a small oddity, in a place you don’t see unless you decide to, and a fix of that nature will only make it look worse.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X