Pedal Repair Needed in So. Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Repair Needed in So. Florida!

Hi all & hope yer all well... I need someone reliable, good, & 'on the grid's to send a pedal to for a repair. Any local shop is understandably close.
    Thanks

Re: Pedal Repair Needed in So. Florida!

What pedal and what’s the issue?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My go-to guy moved to the Carolinas, which I am upset about! Good luck on your search.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

define "South Florida"
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          define "South Florida"
          first thing that came to my mind also.... it's a very long state last I checked.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

theres a guy on here that does pedal repairs

guitarfeek or something like that
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Local to where?
              Tampa, Sarasota,Ft.Meyers, Miami, Lauderdale, Key West??????
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                define "South Florida"
                The whole penisula

Comment

I would just like to point out that as soon as dropping off a pedal locally for repair becomes more than a 15-20 minute trip, it starts to cost you more in gas than just shipping it USPS first class or even priority mail to literally ANY great repair place. -Also for some their time may be worth more too.

So, personally if one google search for guitar and amp repair doesn't yield something close with good reviews -suddenly you have much better options mailing it.

Plus "South Florida" to me means starting below the Tampa Kissimmee Cocoa Beach physiographic line... Also known as a Rock and Roll tour dead zone -and why many rock acts on tour only go as south as Tampa and swing back to maybe Orlando to hit Jacksonville to save the travel and logistics costs. This in mind, it follows that once you leave Tampa there are likely less good electric guitar stores and Amp repair places the deeper you go towards Miami. Miami has the least amount of rock, blues, metal and punk shows of any urban area in the country and also the least amount of venues for that. They got their own thing there, my buddy there says that Reggae bands cant even get club or bar gigs there anymore -Miami is total DJ, electronic country now.

This isnt meant to be an insult, just pointing out why it may be harder to have options locally unless you are near Tampa or Orlando.
                  Last edited by NegativeEase; 04-11-2020, 08:37 AM.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                  X