Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Matched - Top 25 Heavy Metal Guitar Sounds

Hi everyone,

I spent several months matching the guitar tone of classic heavy metal albums - Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc. I uploaded a video with a demo of each preset. All my presets are free to download in the Bias FX 2 tone cloud. For the two Pantera tones in the video, I'm using a Dean Razorback with a Dimebucker pickup.

Re: Tone Matched - Top 25 Heavy Metal Guitar Sounds

Great job man!

Comment

That's pretty good man!
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by dmometalguitar View Post
        Hi everyone,

I spent several months matching the guitar tone of classic heavy metal albums - Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc. I uploaded a video with a demo of each preset. All my presets are free to download in the Bias FX 2 tone cloud. For the two Pantera tones in the video, I'm using a Dean Razorback with a Dimebucker pickup.

Yes, great job.

Out of curiosity... since you use such a variety of guitars... is each preset tailored to the guitars and/or pickups we are seeing in each clip... so that a given preset won't sound quite right without using that same guitar and/or pickups?
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

^^^Yes I'm sure that's true, at least to the point of the pickups mostly, and then to a lesser degree the guitars also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
            Yes, great job.

Out of curiosity... since you use such a variety of guitars... is each preset tailored to the guitars and/or pickups we are seeing in each clip... so that a given preset won't sound quite right without using that same guitar and/or pickups?
            They will sound pretty close with any guitar, but the guitar definitely makes a difference. When creating the preset, I tried getting as close as I could with one guitar, and then tried the same preset with a couple of different guitars to compare the results.

Comment

Working...
            X